About Canyon Campground
Contact
Canyon Campground is located in Wyoming
4 Reviews of Canyon Campground
Best of Yellowstone

Ok, I can honestly say only stayed in two of Yellowstone’s campgrounds, but of the two this one was my favorite, and I would pick it again in the future. The campground was beautiful to me. The restrooms were clean and heated. The building where you go to check in, also contains laundry facilities and showers. With each night stay, you receive two showers at no cost. Also very close to this campground, there were shops, restaurants, grocery store, and gas station. Short drive to reach the falls as well. Hiking trails as well.

Nice campground in Yellowstone National Park. Sites were close together, but they had some nice amenities such as dishwashing room off bathrooms (flush toilets), visitor center very close by with restaurants and gift shops, an amphitheater with ranger shows, shower access and laundry. We really liked it here and will come back again. We were there in June and it snowed the day we left, so be prepared for some unpredictable weather.

Best location!

We camped in the F Loop for three nights in July 2018. This campground is great because they sell firewood until late, the shower facilities are clean and private, and it is in the best part of the park! The geysers are great, but my favorite areas are Yellowstone Lake and Lamar Valley. Canyon Campground is right between these areas, providing a great starting point for your daily adventures! The campsites do not have tent pads, so you just put your tent up wherever there’s a flat spot. There are lots of trees, and even though the campground was full, it didn’t feel crowded!

Central Location

I loved this campground because it was so close to many things. The cell reception was great as well (for Yellowstone). They also had a really nice visitor center and several different, reasonably priced places to eat.