Equestrian
Water Unknown
About Bridger-Teton National Forest

Whether you are a new visitor to the Bridger-Teton National Forest or a local devotee already, this Recreation section of our website offers detailed information on the many recreation opportunities this Forest has to offer. With 3.4 million acres of land and water to recreate in the possibilities are endless and exploring the Forest will last a lifetime.

When it comes to recreation, the Bridger-Teton National Forest is known for the four W’s - Wildlife, Winter opportunities, Wilderness, and Wild and Scenic Rivers.

We invite you to explore, relax, and to soak in the beauty and awe that make the Bridger-Teton National Forest the amazing and unique place we love.

USDA Forest Service
Bridger-Teton National Forest is located in Bridger-Teton National Forest in Wyoming
6 Reviews of Bridger-Teton National Forest
Top 5 Places for Free Camping

Second only to Middle Fork Flathead by Glacier. This place offers tons and tons of camp sites, hiking. Great location to Tetons & Yellowstone. Incredible views. Spent a week here hopping around till I found the perfect spot.

10/10 would do again

The camping in the National Park is so competitive so we took to the forest on Buffalo Valley Road. Camping in any national forest is allowed. There are a couple of pull offs right off the road - some of which face the Tetons. we camped over a valley with a river and had incredible views. Primitive, no bathrooms of course. We did have a fire ring

Free!

I stayed in the Bridger Teton National Forest off Buffalo Valley Road to be close to the Moran entrance of Grand Teton National Park. There was a large pullout that had a couple of 'sites' below. The view of the Grand Tetons from this spot is gorgeous. It overlooks the valley and the Buffalo Fork River. It's a quite road and peaceful. I had elk around most nights and could hear the sandhill cranes calling down below. This, like most national forest sites, is primitive. There is no fire rings up top and no restrooms. However, it is free!

Bridger-Teton

43.763874, -110.556709 Awesome hidden campground. If you have 4WD, I recommend heading as far up on the road as you can go. We found an open spot with a beautiful view of the Tetons with little people around. Beware of bear country!

wow

This was my first time in Wyoming and I had no idea what kind of beauty was in store for me. Hiked String Lake, to Jenny Lake, all the way to Hidden Falls. I will never go to hidden falls again, way too many people there. The other areas were amazing and not too busy! Also hiked Hermitage Point loop, we totaled 11 miles but we went all the long ways and extra overlooks on the way. Saw a golden eagle over Jackson Lake! Lastly we got to see a black bear when we were just driving thru on our last day! We had to stop to let him cross the road! Weather was cloudy most of the trip, but still beautiful.

Ranger Review: Klymit Insulated Static V in Bridger-Teton National Forest

Campground Review

Alright. I was planning on staying in Grand Teton National Park, but since it was the Thursday before the 2017 Solar Eclipse the Park was full. And I am glad it was. I decided to just drive down a Forest Service Road and ended up on FS 30165 in a valley with wonderful views of the Tetons. There was even a creek a short walk away where I could filter water. The site I picked out was around 8 miles (20 min) from the main paved road into the park and around 50 min from the Visitor Center. Since it is in bear country you need to make sure you have a bear proof cooler or store everything in your car. While I was there the NFS had placed a fire ban due to the sheer number of campers in the area for the eclipse, I believe that fires are allowed otherwise.

Product Review

As a Ranger for The Dyrt, I get products to test from time to time - over the summer I tested the Insulated Static V from Klymit.

I put this pad through the ringer for sure. I used it no less than once per week during June, July, and the first half of August. It still looks good as new. This pad is incredibly comfortable for all types of sleeping positions. At an R-value of 4.4, it packs down to just slightly bigger than a Nalgene water bottle and weighs only 25 oz. The bag that it comes with is slightly oversized, which means that you can actually get it back in the bag with little issues every time even if your roll is slightly sloppy. It also comes with a patch kit so you can fix it in the field should an issue arise, not that I have ever needed it.

I can also attest to Klymit's customer service as well. Prior to getting the Insulated Static V, I owned one of the original Static V pads. That pad survived from 2012-2016 until the valve developed a slight leak. I contacted Klymit to check out their warranty. They told me pads are covered under a lifetime warranty and after shipping it back to them I received a brand new pad within 2-3 weeks if I'm remembering correctly. So not only are the products great, but they stand behind them too!