Cooperstown, WISCONSIN

Most Recent Cooperstown Camping Reviews
Quiet country setting

Awesome place for those that want have a campfire and star gaze. Personal with private bathrooms with soft water and a heater if you need it.  Staying there I notice the owners checking bathrooms a few times a day. They take pride in there property.

The owners bought the place 3 years ago. You can see they are spending a lot of effort on the property. Book early next year, the word is getting out on this little Mom and Pop place. Oh yea…. It has a nice little motel for those friends you invite up.

Great park with great sites

We were tent camping in site 121. The site was very large and not very close to the next site over, it didn’t appear that many sites were very close together. The trails from the site were very scenic and perfect for all abilities both biking and hiking. The only downside was we arrived over an hour before the office closed and the rangers had already left for the evening.

Good even under duress

Lovely campground right on the shores of Lake Michigan. I accidentally booked a primitive site online, but as it turned out that didn't matter as a storm had ravaged the area the day before and there was no electricity anyway. All of the employees were exceptionally nice, even with the less-than-optimum circumstances. I can't speak to the amenities since the store was closed and we were only using the pit toilets (which were cleaned daily) but between walking along the lake, and playing cards at our campsite (which we had all to ourselves!) we had a very enjoyable time.

Awesome campground !

We are spending a month at Holtwood Campground Oconto, in our motor home, while preparing our boat for winter storage. Loving it here! Spacious sites and nice view! Office staff are so very helpful and patient with me. Just love those girls! And the groundskeepers are constantly working on the landscape. We will for sure be back in 2020!

10 stars?

IMO best place to camp in Door County. Hiking , biking, great jump off point to see the peninsula.

So cool!!

Loved it, wooded spaces out sites, only a 5 minute walk and your on a huge stretch of beach on Lake Michigan. Local fish fry was fantastic!!

Ranger Review: Red Ledge Free Rein Raincoat at Long Lake, WI

Campground Review

I've been going to Long Lake for as long as I can remember. Unfortunately we haven't camped here in a couple years, but it was really nice to be back.

We visited in September this year, so the campground was much more empty that it is in the summer. It was also cool, so we didn't make it to the beach this year.

One big change was that a lot of the larger trees were knocked down in a storm earlier this year, so many of the campsites have less shade than in the past. The one we were on this time we've camped on before, but the spot we usually pitch our tent was where they put the downed trees, so the site was smaller and sunnier.

I still really love this campground. It has a good amount of non-electric sites, which we prefer. The access to many hiking options in the Kettle Moraine state forest is great, and when it is hot out the lake is nice for swimming.

Product Review

As a Ranger for The Dyrt, I get products to test from time to time, this time I got to test the Red Ledge Free Rein rain jacket.

I've gone through many cheap ponchos, but haven't had a real raincoat since I was a kid. The one I had as a kid was rubbery, stiff, and not breathable. The Red Ledge jacket is nothing like this. It is light, comfortable, and breathes well. It even has zippered arm pits, in case you need to air them out 😊

I've only used it a couple times in the rain, but I can say it worked. If you are spending serious time in the rain I'd suggest rain pants, since this goes only a little past your waist, and your pants are likely to get wet. Red Ledge does have a "Free Rein" pant as well, but I haven't tried them.

I'm not sure whether I would pay for a coat like this, but I don't think it is overpriced. It is a well-made coat with high quality materials. Overall, I have nothing bad to say about this rain coat. It is well made, works well, and looks good too.

Nice and quite and friendly and clean

It would be nice if they had sewer at some weekend sites

Tranquil

We have been camping here for a few years now multiple times a year. We love this place. Quiet. Lots to do for kids. Pool, mini golf, game room, tennis courts, soccer, volleyball a rec center with games, TV ect. We love the complete hook ups, no worries about electric, water or sewer. It is alittle more pricy but we will pay more for the amenities. Close to town for whatever you might want to do or explore. We have already booked for next year.

Sites very close together

I don't recommend the inside sites in the north loop - sites are super duper close together with only sparse trees in between. It was a noisy night with dogs from a couple different sites barking back and forth at each other into the wee hours, and my campsite neighbors getting in late and bickering as they set up their tent, their headlights facing my tent.

The map was misleading as to the location of the toilets. I don't like to be immediately adjacent to the bathrooms, and I picked site 97 with this in mind. Unfortunately, there were two buildings with vault toilets (only one indicated on map), one of which I'd estimate was under 50 feet from my tent pad. Luckily, smell wasn't an issue, but it did mean a lot of foot traffic nearby.

The park itself was nice - lovely view of the water from the trails, maps at most trail intersections and the trails were not too busy.

Great park

Great spot to stay on the way home from Door County. Big secluded sites, loved hearing the waves at night from across the road. Best fish fry right down the road.

Great for kids and adults

We have gone here a few times this summer and have loved it every time. We have gone with groups as well as with just our small 3 person family. We have stayed in a field site as well as wooded sites. The field sites are good for groups and going with friends, if you are looking for a quiet low key experience then go to a wooded site.

There are always themes and activities going on the weekends for our 3-year-old to do which she loves. They have 3 pool areas one for really little ones with a 18" pool and a fun splash pad which are all fenced off so adults can sit in there and not worry about they straying to deeper pools. There are 2 bigger pools also with lots of seating. They have 2 big water slides the kids love going down over and over and even fun for adults to do. There are 2 playgrounds which are a good size and safe.

They even have a little fishing pond, minigolf, and arcade!

I think my favorite part was the office/bar area. They have fresh donuts in the morning as well as coffee. They have a good selection of apparel and toys/gifts/necessities. There is a bar attached to it that has AMAZING food. I was so pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food. The best part of it is ITS CHEAP! The candy, donuts, food, and drinks are inexpensive which makes it nice to go there. Our tradition is after pumping out going to the bar and ordering buffalo chicken wraps and eating them on their outside tables.

Keep it up quietwoods!

Beautiful Campground

Wonderful and clean beaches and accessible areas for dogs. The sites are nicely sized and the firewood sales are decent and dry! The paved roads in the campground are nice for bike and rollerblading. We loved exploring the the paths to the lake from our site. We will definitely be back soon!

Beautiful campground

I have always loved this campground since I was a teen. We went this past labor day weekend and loved the nice big sites, the paved roads for bikes and rollerblading and the beaches were really clean. We loved just walking around the paths to and from the lake to our site. People were very respectful the firewood was kept in a dry spot (always a pet peeve of mine, some campgrounds dont have the best storage system). Overall great place and we will be back very soon.

Family Oriented

Located right next door to Potowatami State Park we were able to ride bike out of campground and directly only to state park trail.

Some sites overlook water there is no water access from park, small pool.  Store

Peaceful

Excellent sites wooded and overlooking water.

Great views

St park pass required in addition to camping fees, fire wood and ice available, ice cream shop not far from park, lots of trails, tower to walk up to, beach not in camping area but close by, on Lake Winnebago, butterfly fishing pond, plenty of fishing. No dogs allowed on beach, some new electrical work was done to add to sites, flush toilets w showers.

Lots of hiking trails

Nice county park

On lake Winnebago w boat landing, can canoe or kayak shoreline if not too windy, hiking trails, kids play area, close to town.  No entrance fee.

There are Indian effigy mounds in park which are burial grounds and are not to be touched.

Great family fun

My dad took me here when I was in junior high. And now I’ve been taking my daughter here for years. Two beaches and a fishing pier make our top list of daytime activities. The Ice Age trail comes through the forest and makes for some nice hiking. Flush toilets and showers are also a great perk!

Awesome views

We used a tent set up with a couple of friends and found it to be a good time. There’s a ton of trails with some good views of Sturgeon Bay. The proximity to town makes it super convenient and acts as a good jumping place to see the rest of the Door County Peninsula.

Nice Campground

Sites are big, lots of room with fire ring and picnic table. Easy access to the lake with miles of lakeshore and some beach areas. Hiking wasn’t the best, mosquitoes own the trails. We were there mid August, early in the week, so it was fairly quiet…most noise was barking dogs from campers.

we went 8/10,weather was nice,beach campground 924 spot was close to showers and restrooms.Good and close plase for gateway,its onlu 2,30 hours from Chicago

Very quiet, clean, and friendly.

Sites were clean. The staff were very friendly, respectful and kind. The scenery is beautiful.

Ok

Most of the spots are set up for RVS with little privacy. Right on the river with access to the water for kayaking and stuff.

NOT PET FRIENDLY

Tranquil Timbers advertises pet friendly but they ARE NOT pet friendly. If your dog makes any kind of noise whatsoever, they are NOT welcome. Motorcycles and noisy kids however, park approved!

Small family run campground

We stayed here for memorial day weekend. We had a grass non hookup spot next to the pond. It got super hot but we had a nice breeze come in from lake Michigan that made it tolerable. It was a nice clean campground. They had wagon rides for the kids and a chainsaw carver come in and make statues. It was really neat to watch that. Small store to but necessities.

Wonderful Friendly Experience

The staff was great to work with finding a campsite on a walk-in. The campsite was very clean and read for us to set up our tent. The hiking and lookouts were breath taking

Old

The power isn't very quality. The dump station seems to always be full. And it doesn't look like they have put much money into the campground in several years.

It’s fine for the air show or festivals.

It’s a basic rv park. Water and power only, with a dump station out front. There is no other amenities. We were there for the EAA air show, so we needed little. The owner is very laid back and friendly. He has plans to upgrade the layout.

So peaceful

Had a wonderful time. It was peaceful and quiet. Staff was friendly and helpful. Flushing bathrooms and showers were very clean, as well as the pit toilets.