Facilities

Review Campground Win Gear

Is This Your Campground?

Claim Your Listing

About This Campground

Sutton Lake Picnic Shelters overlook Sutton Lake and the Elk River in central West Virginia, 70 miles north of Charleston and 60 miles south of Clarksburg. The area provides a wide variety of recreational activities, including boating, swimming, fishing and hiking. Natural Features: Sutton Dam is…

For Campers

• Reservable
  • Electric Hookups
  • Pets
  • Fires

For Vehicles

• Water Hookups

Have you camped here? Help us improve this campground page.

Add Access Type

Reviews

2 Reviews of Sutton Lake Picnic Shelters

Ratings Breakdown

• 2
M
Reviewed Jul. 23, 2016

Sitting lake west virginia

This place has the most beautiful crystal clear water and not over crowded. Great for peaceful fishing and water sports. Three different campsites but no cabins so pack up that tent!

Jill R.
Reviewed Jul. 10, 2016

Excellent fishing

This place had excellent fishing it seems like every time I cast it out I would real my line back in with a fish I had cut many bluegills as well as a ton of rock bass and smallmouth bass it was such a fun place to go fishing I highly recommend it especially for the new features they will…

Sutton Lake Picnic Shelters is located in West Virginia

Directions

Shelters 1, 2 and 3 are located at the Sutton Dam. From I-79, take Exit 62 toward Sutton/Gassaway. Turn left on SR-4, approximately 2 miles into Sutton. Turn right at the stop sign, cross the Elk River, and turn left to the dam. Shelters 4 and 5 are located in the Bee Run Day-Use Area. From I-79, take Exit 67 toward Flatwoods. Turn right on SR-4. Go 1 mile to SR-15 and turn left. Continue a mile to Bee Run Day-Use Area and turn right.

Coordinates