The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Seymourville , WEST VIRGINIA

Most Recent Seymourville Camping Reviews
Large, level and well spaced.

Some of the largest sites we’ve ever seen in a state park. I don’t believe there is a bad site in the park. We had rabbits grazing at our site too. Shenandoah NP is about a 10 mile drive away.

Skyline Ranch RV Resort

First off, this place is really outdated. The spots are too small, so I would suggest staying on gravel. The camps and condos are so undated. I wouldn’t stay in them. The camp/rv spots rent monthly for $800 for water, sewer, and electricity (doesn’t include extras like wifi), which is way to much. The water has problems and runs orange and ruined some of my clothes. They will not reimburse you for anything being ruined. Don’t get me started about how much the condos/camps are a night. Too much for an outdated condo/camp!!

The staff is friendly. Bathrooms are okay, but outdated.

The event they have once a year is too loud and too wild! Which is sad for a family camp ground. They should be more morally grounded for family. That event is not kid friendly at all. I didn’t care for the other events.

They have two washer and dryers on site, but you can only use one at a time and it cost, so it’s better just to go to the laundry mat.

The pool is not just for Skyline use. They let the public come use it as well. Which really sucks for renters paying $800 a month, the public shouldn’t be aloud to join in on the pool. It should be private.

I would not recommend this place or return any time soon.

Great location

A large group of us camped in the section that was a little secluded along the river. Easy put-ins for canoes and kayaks. Great flat spots. Felt a world away--yet close to some of the best outdoor recreation in the country!

Wonderful spot

Last minute weekend trip to Shenandoah, didn’t have a reservation but they were able to put us in a beautiful spot at the back of the campground. The picnic table and fire pit at each campsite was fantastic, and Pam was great and very helpful. The outhouses could use some maintenance but there are flush toilets and running water at the front of the camp ground. The creek flowing along the campsite was gorgeous and it was great listening to the running water at night. Would definitely return!

Clean & friendly

Very clean & lots of amenities. They are adding 80 more campsites for covid campers. Pool is closed rn (March 2021). Playground, basketball court, fire sites, small store, babbling creek, catch & release pond, trails. A little scary driving into- winding roads & tight turns. They have a easily accessible (for huge RVs) gas station right off the highway before turning in!

Took off a star bc this wasn't a "stay a while" campground. Most people came one night. We have a 38" camper and the site they gave us had such a steep grade it took us a LONG time to get level. We went and asked if we could have a new site as we checked in when they allowed & it was EMPTY. we paid for 5 days in advance and they "couldn't give us a new site". It seemed silly to me bc there were plenty of back in sites that we could have fit in…. and all rhe people who paid for 1 night could have been switched over? Although that customer service experience wasn't delightful, the staff was still helpful & friendly.

Clean, well-maintained, and easy trail access!

I loved my stay at Campsite 4! I even surprisingly got one bar of 4G, too.

Would stay here again

We had a brief stay, one short night before driving through Shenandoah. Pam, the campground host was extremely accommodating! I communicated with her prior to our arrival and although we were coming on a busy weekend (she mentioned it was Homesteaders weekend, October 11, 2019), she assured us she could make a spot for us. It was a little challenging to find the campground as it’s located partially under a highway overpass. Pam held her promise and we had a tent site with plenty of room to set up and park. Bathrooms were clean. Wood was provided in wheel barrows so no heavy lugging required. We left before sunrise the next morning, so we didn’t get a chance to really explore, however we agreed we would stay again if in the area.

It’s a no from me.

This place was $30 just to enter and it was super duper packed. We turned around and found a great boondocking site nearby.

Peak Fall 🍂

Super nice place to stay, quiet and low traffic most of the time. Heavy ranger presence, but they’re very helpful. Bathrooms centrally located to the ‘loops’. Lots of wildlife around; we had deer all around us one night. Have to check out Overall Run trail right off the campground, the view is killer, and we had it all to ourselves.

Too bad I had to leave

Loved it! I’d love to spend a week here some time. There is no bad site in this campground. Immaculate upkeep. Lots of walking and hiking trails. Verizon has no signal at all, but AT&T was fine. Clean bathrooms, large showers, dump station. Water and electric on site but no sewer connection. Large campsites with picnic table and fire ring.