Yurts
About Kanaskat Palmer Recreation Area
Kanaskat Palmer Recreation Area is located in Washington
7 Reviews of Kanaskat Palmer Recreation Area
Words can’t describe!

Was a great camp ground to camp at. We were traveling through so we only stayed 1 night but it was pretty fun aside from the roaring train horn in middle of the night. Other than that, completely satisfied with the stay!

I've been going here sense i was kid. It was my dads favorite place to go to relax and cool off after a long day at work during the summer

It has always been really clean. Everyone packs thier garbage out and i always see people picking up anything that was left behind.

Family friendly

Great spot not too far from thr city of Maple Valley. The showers and bathrooms and nice and updated. The river has some great trails to walk on and nice swimming spots! I definitley suggest venturing around the river to find other places to swim than the main one which can get crowded with multiple families.

Great group camp site!

The group site set apart from the rest of the camping, so you can really enjoy the space without feeling like you are bothering the other campers. There's lots of space for tents plus some wooden bunks in a wooden shelter, a nice option for people new to camping who don't have a tent, but I'd be afraid of spiders! :O Site is adjacent to a river access, which I did not get a chance to check out myself, but being near water is always a plus to me.

The campgrounds are about an our of of Seattle, so it's a really nice low-commitment option for those residing in the greater Seattle area. Despite being so close, it doesnt feel very populated or anything like that, nice and woodsy still! :)

The only drawback to the group site is occasionally you'll get a random person wandering through to access the water.

I wouldn't suggest going so late in the year unless you are prepared for rain, it poured on us most of the stay, but we still managed to have fun. Luckily there is a large covered dining area so it's survivable in rain

Awesome place to go. Highly recommended for camping or day use.

I love this campground I stayed here to complete a natural resource college assignment and I will return many times. Beautiful and has all the user rentals. Those are cool. I recommend this campground.

Our favorite camping close to home

We love coming here. It's close proximity to our house allows us to hook up the trailer after work and include a Friday night in our camping weekend! The availability seems pretty good too, especially in Spring when some campgrounds are not quite open yet.

This campground has great clean and heated bathrooms. Sites and roads are paved. Hook ups are electric only, bring your water. The first time we went we did not know and our Basecamp's heat runs via the hot water heater. It was cold! The sites are large and pretty private. We have stayed in site 42 which is a back in spot with fire pit and table above the back of the pad. Also, we have enjoyed site 38, a pull through that gave us nice wooded views and privacy.

The campground loop is a nice walk or cruise on a bike. There is easy access to a beautiful stretch of the Green River, with picnicking areas and walking trails. You might catch a kayaker in the river, I hear this stretch take a lot of skill!

A really great state park

I've stayed here many times. It is a well laid out campground with lots of amenities. The sites are fairly private with a fair mix of hookup and tent sites plus several Yerts too. The restrooms are centrally located with showers and are cleaned often.

There are several hiking trails and the river is gorgeous. It has a huge day use area and a group site is available. A dump site is also available for RV's.

Its reasonably close to the city within an hour or two. 45 minutes for me so it is good for a weekend getaway but supplies are not far if you forget something.

Pros: lots of sites and lots to do. Good clean restrooms. Lots of wildlife.

Cons: the hookup sites have power only; no water so RV'ers fill your water tanks before you arrive. Children at play can be really loud but hey they're kids what do you expect. Some of the wildlife can be very bold do to people thinking it's ok to feed them. (Raccoons)

overall I recommend this campground and will be back myself many more times.