Sunnyslope, WASHINGTON

Most Recent Sunnyslope Camping Reviews
Throwback to A Different Time

This campsite is a throwback to a different era. The staff is amiable. The tent spots are spacious and green, and the amenities are great. Campers are within a few miles of many grocery stores, and a large Walmart, so stocking up on supplies is easy. The park is very kid-friendly. It includes a fishing pond, miniature golf, par-three golf, and a swimming pool. The only drawback is it is close to a heavily traveled road, and the traffic noise can be loud at night. If you are looking for a quick camping trip that isn't super secluded but provides time away from the city, this camp spot is a great choice.

Loved Camping here

We were in site #133 we had water & electric hook up. This site is a nice big Pull Thru semi private. It's a short walk to the river which is great to kayak in or just float on a tube & hang out. You can walk to the lake along the river it's not to far but to far to carry a lot. There are several campgrounds we were in the North campground which is a little less busy & much quieter.

The boat ramp is in the south campground which is buy and parking can be hard to find so get out early.

We had the best neighbors they camp there often. Two great couples who we floated in tubs with all day & had frozen margaritas with. They had a coolest cooler with a blender. That's what its called. We kayaked the river & the lake it was beautiful & lots of trout. You can't really fish it you can't use bait & only barbless hooks.

We drove to Fish Lake & kayaked there got a bunch of Crappie. Saw several eagles & Ospreys. The owner bought 50 trout all over 30 inches and put in the lake. The little store at Fish lake was cool had some great fish pictures.

By far the best restaurant we have eaten at since we left home 3 months ago at Wild Flour near the south campground entrance. OMG it was the best! Happy hour has good priced drinks & cheaper meals & apps than at dinner time. We had the mushroom appetizer and a pasta dish for the meal. Try the Halibut dish one of my favorites. The pasta of the night was saffron bow tie pasta.

Levenworth is a great town but busy. Go in the butcher shop & get some buckboard bacon. We went to the actual wineries outside of Levenworth some really good ones not the tasting rooms in town. We went to, Eagle Creek, Plains, Silvara & Icecycles winery.  Icecycles location this old log house with all kinds of wood carved things in it. The wine is sweeter not my style but wanted to see the place.

Owner was rude and dishonest

I called early in the morning to make a reservation. Spoke to a lady. She confirmed an open camping/tent spot for my family & me on the lake with tree cover. Had a hard time finding the place with the directions she gave me. So I called back and spoke to a man this time. Thought I had called the wrong place at first. He confirmed his location, and lake front tent camping spot. We arrived 30min after the call. This campground is clearly not on the lake. The man was very impatient with me. Kept telling me we could camp here but was not going to argue with me. I never argued with the man, never got upset, just extremely confused. He kept demanding my contact & card info. I told him I’d like to see where he was going to put us before I gave him my info. Told him I was out front of the office and he refused to come out side. Then told me he did not have time for this so I said good buy and ended the call.

Wether I mixed up the campgrounds or not. The owner/ office guy at Sunny Spring Resort was a big dick and a lier. My family and I drive 4 hours to came here.

Best Near Leavenworth

It's pricey, but clean and an easy walk into Leavenworth. Free showers which are very clean along with the bathrooms. Owners live on site and are very friendly. Very limited grass, mostly dirt. Pretty tight spots but good to have a place to take a camper for a couple days visit to a very fun town. Visited here in August of 2019, we love Leavenworth and will always take the camper up and stay here, assuming the roads allow coming across the mountains from the west.

Very cool state park

Very cool state park in the middle of the Wanapum Recreational area and on the shores of Wanapum Lake/Columbia River. Two camping loops, one on a bluff overlooking the river with pretty views (the loop you want to be on) and the other further away from the water..

The landscape is really gorgeous and colorful. The park has a very large boat launch area with day use facilities available. You’re also a very short drive from the Ginko Petrified Forest, interpretive center, and rock shop, all of which are super fun for rock-hounders.

The Ginko Petrified forest has amazing views alongside an interpretive center with cool rock formations and ancient petroglyphs. The rock shop is super funky with cheesy dinosaur statues out front.

Popular Washington State Park

Popular state park that is, as the title hints, at the confluence of the Wenatchee and Columbia Rivers. Big, wide open spaces that are available for day use and popular with locals on the weekends for barbecues and games. Large beach area on the river with swimming.

Many tent and RV spots available, but they are all out, exposed in a kind of open field with a few trees. Nice showers and bathroom facilities on-site. Gorgeous views of the river and surrounding hills everywhere you look. However you do have to navigate the city of Wenatchee office park to get there.

Only 20 miles from Leavenworth, Washington and about 2.5 hours from Seattle. Popular with kids for the playground and lots of flat areas for biking and pick-up softball/football games.

Closed

Has been closed for many years. Will likely be closed until further notice

This place is awesome.

Really easy straight on hike. It is definitely dusty but a really nice change of pace from the trees and mountains. Several waterfalls that you can get super close to. We have not camped there yet but it looked super fun.

Family weekend getaway

Peaceful quiet little campground just before the small old ghost town of Liberty. Lots of off roads and hiking trails to explore.

Great offseason camping

Great place to camp early and late in the season. It’s not as crowded, but you still enjoy the sites. Leavenworth is about 20 minutes away. Throughout the season, there is plenty to observe around the campground from wildflowers to critters playing.