Fires Unknown
Contact
Issaquah Highlands Camping is located in Washington
4 Reviews of Issaquah Highlands Camping
Great place, fun hiking!

My family and I took a 3 week long trip to Washington and continued toward Whistler afterward. We did a ton of explore, camping and hiking. We stayed at this campground because there were a few hikes we wanted to do nearby. I believe they call it the i90 corridor? That’s what we read on the Washington hiking page. Which by the way, the WTA website was super helpful. Wish we had something similar back where I live. All Trails was helpful too. This campground was great, and fit our RV perfectly. We enjoyed our stay here. It was quite and clean. Our RV has a bathroom in it which is nice- there was only - bathroom in the campground, and it was pretty far from us so I’m glad we had one in our RV. The only downside was the rain. It rained 50% of the time we were in washington, and some of our hikes were FOGGY! Still fun and we enjoyed ourselves!

Great spot, great hiking!

My husband and I had a goal to hike 5 different places in 3 days because we had a long weekend and why not spend that time outside!? We decided to stay here because it was close to a lot of great hikes. The weather was perfect which made camping that much more enjoyable. This campground was clean, big spaces, and close to a lot of great hikes on i90. It wasn’t too busy when we went, even though it was the beginning of summer. We liked that the spaces were larger and separated by bushes and trees. We appreciated this. The weather was only rainy 1 day, the last day we were here. The hikes were really great. We ended up doing Granite Mountain, Mount Si, Kendall Katwalk, Snow Lake, and Snow Lake to Gem Lake. All were amazing and beautiful. The road to the campground was good, but beware of some of the roads to the hiking spots. Lots of potholes. Bring your own water because they didn’t have a hookup for water there. Thankfully we knew this ahead of time and packed tons of water for our hikes.

Not a campground anymore...

Prior to King County acquiring land rights to this area, Issaquah Highlands was a huge campground with lots of activities. The current location now houses the entrance to the Cougar/Squak/Tiger Mountains corridor. You are able to overnight a hiking trip but must adhere to a strict leave no trace. This area, minus the camping is awesome for hiking.

On a clear day, you can take a hike on Margaret's Way trail which connects to hundreds of miles of trails in the area. Lots of switchbacks and fresh water streams.

The entrance is pretty easy to spot. There is only s port o potty and parking is day use only at this location.

Best campsite ever

This is by far one of the best campsite.