Standard (Tent/RV)
-122.2077 W
1 Review of Coriander Creek Farm
Ranger Review: Red Ledge Rebel Rain Pant at Coriander Creek Farm

Campground review:

Coriander Creek Farm is located on a working farm, in a valley with beautiful mountainous hills surrounding. It is located in Skagit County, and is only about 4 miles away from Whatcom County.

The camp host, Mike, gave me a tour of the property when I arrived. There is an old(1910) barn that they are hoping to restore, lots of herbs his wife, Amy grows and sells, a swimming hole(it was too cold for me to try!) and lots of fields to explore. As well, they had chickens, dogs and goats.

The campsites themselves are spread out from each other. I had booked the Northside Campsite which was located at the end of one field. To note, I had to park at the barn and walk to my spot, which took a couple of minutes. The spot had a nice fire pit and a picnic table set up. I understand they move the picnic table to different campsites as they are booked. I was by the creek, though I couldn’t see it for the tall grass, but the grass was a welcome addition as it whispered in the breeze. My spot had a clear line of site to the farmhouse and the road, so there was some road noise. But when I consider the value(an amazingly affordable spot!), it was great.

The other two sites are more secluded. They are both closer to the farmhouse but out of view, one behind the grasses and near the swimming hole, the other behind a stand of trees. Both are larger and good for group camping. You will need to be able to walk to each site. They have a compost toilet for use up by the farmhouse, where, after using the toilet, you dump sawdust in to make it fresh.

When Mike was giving me the tour of the property, he explained about things they hope to develop on the farm like adding more campsites in the adjoining fields, getting the old bard on the Historic registry and even one day adding a salt bath. I’m hoping to go back and see what new things they have added!

I was very pleased with my stay. Mike and Amy are great hosts and I recommend checking Coriander Creek Farm out!

Product Review: As a Ranger for the Dyrt, from time to time I get to test products. At Coriander Creek Farm, I tested the Red Ledge Rebel Rain Pant. As you will see in my video review, I love these pants.

I want to start by saying the customer service with this company was above and beyond anything I had ever experienced before. Due to my own fault, I had chosen the wrong size pants. Red Ledge was incredibly quick to respond, to suggest ideas, and to get me the right pair of pants– and even followed up to make sure they worked. For that alone, I will be buying from them in the future. But there is more to why I love this company.

What I loved about camping with my Rebel Rain Pant. I have been wearing these rain pants over the last few weeks, in all sorts of conditions. Running, interval workouts. Biking, and even walking to work in the pouring rain. When I camped with these pants, it was a sunny day. But the next morning it was cloudy and there was condensation everywhere. They kept me nice and dry.

Here is what I have discovered:

1) They are comfortable. They work both over other pants(in my video I mention I am wearing them over jeans. I also pulled them on over my workout pants while wearing shoes and over my work pants) and remain comfortable even if you aren’t wearing pants underneath them.

2) They have a button at the bottom so that once you get them over your shoes you can adjust them.

3) They breathe. One of my runs it threatened rain but didn’t. I ran in these pants and I didn’t overheat or stick to them.

4) They are flexible. I have had no issues doing any physical exercise in these pants.

5) They keep me dry successfully. And– the outside dries super quickly. When I came into work when it was pouring rain, my pants were free of rain droplets much faster than my non Red-Ledge rain jacket. Looks like I know where I will be getting my next rain jacket.

Some details on the one I have: It is made of 4x4 stretch polyester, waterproof(including the rear pocket), snap adjust cuffs and elastic waist.

I really like these pants and would highly recommend checking out Red Ledge and all their gear.