Yurts
Hike In
First Landing State Park is located in Virginia
45 Reviews of First Landing State Park
Love the location

This camp is wonderful but the tent sites are too close to the road. I wish there was a thicker tree line. It didn’t really have the serene setting I was looking for and it’s almost always booked up! I suggest it to beach lovers and beginner hikers.

LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION!!

This is a wonderful place to get away - right near the beach. You can have a fire pit as well as stop in the country store for anything you might need while you’re there. The trails are great for hiking or going for a run.

Great campground

This is a great campground and beautiful location on the bay. All sites are well taken care of and staff is very friendly. Hiking trails are very nice and you can see a lot of wildlife in the swamp.

⛺️🚣🏼🏝

beautiful hiking trails. boat/kayak ramp. beaches

Another great place on the Chesapeake Bay

Not a bad place if you don't mind the sand.

Beautiful atmosphere!

If you’re looking for a beautiful place with magical trees to camp amongst, this is definitely your place. My negative review would be the bathrooms/showers. They are very disgusting and old so… I guess your camping and it shouldn’t matter? I did however love the beach… seemed so private because hardly a soul was on it and the waves are nice and quiet here. This was my second time visiting 😁

Crowded but Cool

This camp ground was exceptionally clean and the campsites varies from extremely small to fairly large. With our rooftop tent, we had to get a site that would facilitate us parking the truck, but the site we were given wasn’t ideal. The site we had (134) did not allow us to back the truck into the camp site, just in a narrow driveway close to the road. Since all of the other sites were taken, we made due. This site would have been perfect for a large family with multiple tents.

After dark, the place really filled up - I imagine most people had been at the beach all day. There were vehicles going past our site until approximately midnight, and people making noise until about 1am.

The restroom facility was within walking distance and was moderately clean (in comparison to a few of the other camp grounds I’ve experienced).

All in all, I enjoyed my stay and will definitely be back; however, I may call to make a reservation to describe my rig’s setup in lieu of reserving online.

First Landing is a gem.

This park is a dog friendly, peaceful gem where you can choose to hike just in the woods or even hike to the beach. The camp grounds are nice and kept well. Campers are typically laid back and fun. Fantastic park and one of our favorite places to go for some quality family time.

Great location for a weekend getaway

First Landing is a great, family friendly campground for all to enjoy. Access to the beach is a plus, the park rangerd do their job well, and many great amenities are available. Highly recommend!

Our favorite State Park

FLSP is a real Gem in the midst of a very busy Virginia Beach. The campsites range from tenting with no hookups to 20, 30, and 50 foot sites with water and electric. There are also about 20 cabins on the Trail side. The only sewer hookups are for the three Camp Host sites located throughout the Park. There are nice clean showers located around the campground. There are beaches with boardwalk access over preserved dunes. There are no lifeguards. Across the road from the campground are fabulous hiking trails, a bike trail, and another beach area on a tidal lake. The variety of activities within the Park, including Ranger led activities, along with easy access to the Virginia Beach boardwalk via the local bus system, biking, or personal vehicle, make this State Park the only place we stay in VaBeach. We love this Park so much we have volunteered as Camp Hosts for eleven years❤️