Yurts
42 Reviews of First Landing State Park
Nice views

Kayak trips available.

Great beach campground

Gotta not mind sand and bugs to camp here but the sound of the waves and the short walk to the beach make it all worth it. I love sleeping under the stars, listening to the water just over the sand dunes! It’s always clean and now they have a bus line that takes you to the Strip and you can ride it and the trolley all day long for $4.50. The bath houses are always clean and well maintained. Plenty of activities and a great camp store.

Beautiful Sand Dune RV Camping

Thick foliage provides privacy at this campsite. Parking is on sandy soil. Tall sand dunes provide nearby access to the beach. Air Force jets fly over loudly until 10pm. After that it is a quiet natural setting for the night.

Tent Camping Was SubPar

I wanted to get as close to the action as I could and this place offered a beach area that I thought would suffice, however it wasn't quite as exciting as I was hoping for so I did eventually buckle and take the shuttle to the more commercial beach, which was much better and much more of what I was expecting. This place is quiet in comparison but I wanted the beach feel of boardwalks and sun visors…lol

Campsites were ok. $21 for standard or $41 for water and electric in addition to a $5 per car entry fee I had to pay as a non Virginia resident. Things just continued to add up as I had to pay for the shuttle, and while it was reasonable you could tell this spot was in a commercial honey pot of money.

I was expecting from description my site to be on a sandy beach but they were not they were on dirt yes, but it was hard packed. I felt more forest than beach at the campsite and while it was nice and shaded it also lacked the beach appeal I was searching for.

They did have rentals of water crafts like canoes and other things at the marina, un-patroled beaches for swimming and a lot of hiking trails. With a mile and a half of beach, like I said it was nice.

TIPS:

• Take the WAVE bus, it does turn out to be less expensive than having to park at the beach itself with fare only about $4 per day. Parking down on the boardwalk area can be $20 per lot or $2 per hour at the meter with a 3 hour max.
  • Opt for a space in one of the cabins if you are traveling with a family. They pretty much include everything you could need and leave the outdoor heat of summer outdoors, making for a much more comfortable stay during muggy months.
So Hot

The campsites were ok. easy to get to. I wouldn’t recommend tent camping in the middle of summer - my husband and i both got sick. The beach was nice and quiet, and the water wasn’t too cold. overall, decent for the price.

Love it here!

Always love camping here. Try to get as close to the beach as possible, even tent camping. Bath houses are nice, they now have a shuttle that will take you to the strip in Virginia Beach, very inexpensively, great interpretive programs, and of course, the beach!

Beautiful, quiet, and right on the water

By far my favorite place I've ever camped! Just steps off the beach from our campsite. The campground itself was pretty quiet considering how many other people were there. Plus there is a ton to do right by the campground in Virginia Beach, if you get bored.

Love the location

This camp is wonderful but the tent sites are too close to the road. I wish there was a thicker tree line. It didn’t really have the serene setting I was looking for and it’s almost always booked up! I suggest it to beach lovers and beginner hikers.

LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION!!

This is a wonderful place to get away - right near the beach. You can have a fire pit as well as stop in the country store for anything you might need while you’re there. The trails are great for hiking or going for a run.

Great campground

This is a great campground and beautiful location on the bay. All sites are well taken care of and staff is very friendly. Hiking trails are very nice and you can see a lot of wildlife in the swamp.