Yurts
Hike In
First Landing State Park is located in Virginia
42 Reviews of First Landing State Park
Wonderful

We have stayed here three years in a row! Wonderful beach camping! Wonderful shower facilities. And love watching all the Naval ships!

Awesome Campground

Great campground for couples or family.  Beach is awesome, not crowded at all.  We love it and visit every year. Hi

Nice place.

Clean, cool environment. Low trees provide some shade. 30 second walk to the ocean.

Favorite ☀️

100% favorite tent sites ever at this location ✨ beautiful wooded sites. Of course having the ocean steps away doesn’t hurt 🌊

Great beach spot

We stayed 3 nights in W/E Back In, Site 141, mostly hard packed sand surrounded by trees. The angle is a little weird to back into, but the site itself is nice and feels private. The fire ring and picnic table (old and wood) is at the very back of the site. A pretty nasty storm rolled through one night and the trees actually provided a little protection.

Very relaxing

My family and I really enjoy camping at First Landing. Its close to Virginia Beach. Nice and quiet beach right there at the park and good hiking trails.

Close to Virginia Beach

Nice sites. EZ access to the Bay beach. Not a lot of privacy. Close to the beach area. Many restaurants & stores close by.

Beautiful and dogs welcome everywhere

Beautiful park right next to the ocean. Dogs loved it and no one complained about dogs being on the beach. Will definitely be returning. Bathrooms were not the worst but definitely not the best .

Great hiking

Great place to hike! I really like how you’re able to go from the woods to the water! The ranger station has a lot of neat things to look at about animals and the trail maps are really nice!

Great beachside camping!

We stayed here 3 nights during spring break (March). There is privacy and quiet beachside camping all over with tons of activities to see and do. We went to Nauticus, toured the Norfolk Naval base, visited Jamestown, Williamsburg, Yorktown, hiked trails across from the campground and visited the lighthouse Cape Henry. Each site has a fire ring and picnic table. I didn’t use the bathhouses but I liked that they were nearby and provided recycling bins. The staff were friendly and helpful. I would return in warmer months and highly recommend our site near the Godspeed boardwalk, 188.