The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Upper Brandon , VIRGINIA

Camping Virginia Upper Brandon Standard (Tent/RV)

Most Recent Upper Brandon Camping Reviews
Beautiful Location

Peaceful and wonderful place to take the family camping. Prices are the best in the area.

Wonderful campgroun

This campground is one of our favorites, Large sites that are easy to get in and out of. It each site has a grill, picnic table and a fire ring.  A couple of the sites have some drainage issues, but only after repeated heavy rains.

The best part is the big tall mature tree's, it's overall peaceful here, and we stayed every few weeks here one summer and it felt like home.  The office staff was friendly and helpful, keeping our names on a waitlist so we could come back and back, and it almost always worked out that we got a site for the week's that we needed.

There is a small playground in the campground area, but right next to the campground is a large play area that has a rock wall that our kids really loved playing at.  The only negative I could say is that there is also a large field for events and a paintball field, so the nice peaceful quiet area can end up being a bit loud and less peaceful on the weekends if there's an event scheduled.  But for the 5 or 6 weeks we spent there, there was only one weekend that anything occured (was a paintball event) and really was not horrible, but something to be aware of.

This is a military campground and you do need ID cards for access, Military Police do patrol the area and often set up an ID check point at the entrance.

Wonderful and peaceful trip!

What a great camp! A small family farm with 5 sites around the property. We chose site 2 for our family of three and a dog and it was the perfect size. The hosts were so friendly, and we were able to walk around and see the chicken coop, small lake, and barnyard with goats and geese. The campsites are great (about a 5 min walk apart), with a fire pit, picnic table, trash, and ours had a set up for a hammock. Even with what it looked like every campsite full, it was peaceful and pretty. Our toddler had a blast! They are a working farm so it was fun to have the option to buy eggs, herbs or wine. We picked up a t-shirt on the way out and will be back for the troller :)

First trip of the year

Close to home and our first time visiting this campground. The staff was very friendly and sites were well maintained. We stayed in Spadefish 3 which was right next to the pool and playground. Weather changes on us and was a bit cold and very windy but we still enjoyed every minute. Would highly recommend.

Amazing !

My family used to get day passes during the summer we where unable last year because of covid but it’s an amazing family friendly spot

Great park for every day

Nice walking trails for younger kids and easy access from both sides or town me an my son come here all the time

A Good Overnight Stop

This place is a perfect stop for us on the way down south from Pennsylvania. Their pull-through site are perfectly sized. The campground is well-maintained and clean. This place makes it convenient to pull in, get your rest, and go. I’m sure it would be a great place to stay at to visit King’s Dominion as well! (we just haven’t used it for that reason yet!)

Impressed

Spent Halloween here on a last minute reservation and man were we happy! This campsite is remote to the rest of VA for the most part, but hey isn’t that what camping is all about? Site #16 was perfect. It was gravel site that was level and very well maintained. Possibly our favorite campground in a VA State Park so far, it was that great of an experience. Come stocked with food and water since I don’t think there’s any large food markets that are close by (I could be wrong). We had water hookups and electric. They also have firewood sold at the campground that they sell on the honor system.

Great place!

I’m bad with names, I must say very nice people I stayed a little over a month here.

Great little spot

Great little camping spot. This was RV only. No tent camping here. There were a few different options for site sizes pending the size of camper/rv you have. Some of the end sites were larger and had a larger fireplace and tables. The standard sites did had a tiny tin bucket for your fire pit. Wish they were more of a fire pit though. The campground wasn’t too loud, people were respectful and all the fellow campers were very friendly. If you’re looking for things to do, there is an arcade for the kids near the entrance and some mini golf (I personally wouldn’t call it mini golf and it doesn’t look the greatest) There’s a few wineries and a brewery not too far from the campground as well