Camping in Larmond

Recent Walk-In Reviews Near Larmond, Virginia

378 Reviews of 35 Larmond, Virginia Campgrounds

Mike L.
Reviewed Sep. 26, 2021

Nice camp ground but tight spots

We like the campground but we had to move spots because our first site did not have enough room. It is hard to get in and out of the sites but once you are here is great!

Rayna L.
Reviewed Sep. 26, 2021

Beautiful and fun for kids

We loved all the amenities this campground offered. The only reason I have 4 starts is because some of the camp sites are tough to get into, small for long campers. We had to move when we first got here because the space was very tight. Our new spot was next to a babbling creek and was very…

• live music on Saturdays
  • cool place to gather
  • wine tasting free!
SiteV3
BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 21, 2021

Great campsite close to DC.

3rd time we stayed here. Here to work in my office for a week in person during COVID telework. Convenient to the National Forest with great hiking. Plenty of restaurants and grocery stores.

SiteE-11
M J.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 20, 2021

Gorgeous and quiet spot along the Shenandoah River

Normally we’re tent campers, but this time we opted for the climate controlled cabins of this state park. Cabins were wonderful. Essentially a little house off in its own little “cabin neighborhood.” Kitchen was fully stocked with just about anything you’d need. Only thing you need to bring are…

Sitecabin 2
Brian B.
Reviewed Sep. 17, 2021

Enjoy your stay

Nice large campground with 2 handicapped sites close to the bathroom. Camp store where you can buy firewood, ice, and most anything you may have forgotten. Campsites are fairly well spread apart, most have a patch of woods between them. Bear boxes are at some of the sites for storing your food.…

Imagine T.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 17, 2021

Cute Bunnys Bad wifi

Overall this could be a great park. Everything needs a new coat of paint. And the wifi is just not working then need a new router. Hot tubs were great. Some sites need to be more level I had to lower my nose all the way down and still not level.

Michael M.
Reviewed Sep. 4, 2021

Not bad/Not great

Just a campground. Our site wasn’t tight to get in. Actually pretty spacious. Hookups are convenient and the site is pretty level. Overall, it’s just a campground. It’s close to our home, about 30 minutes away so more or less it’s just a close getaway for our family.

Jonathan  F.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 3, 2021

This is a KOA?!?!

Really impressed. I’m used to KOAs being very tight. Not so much here, it’s just right. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again!

josh S.
Reviewed Aug. 25, 2021

Quiet mountain location

Campground was literally at base of mountains and was so quiet and peaceful. Bathrooms offered hot showers and there were plenty of activities for our kids.

SiteB6
M
Reviewed Aug. 25, 2021

Easy Access

Had a blast with friends. Renting group site B was the perfect size for the 10 of us. It was only a short walk from the parking lot on a gravel path which made carrying our gear a breeze!

• Plenty of space between neighbors on the same site.
  • Tent 5 on tour!
SiteGroup site B
MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 17, 2021

Great spot with hookups by PW park

If you, like me, hate making reservations over the phone, it was worth it! Quick, simple, painless process.

Restrooms/showers: very clean, spacious, centrally located. My spot was in the back row and I didn't mind the walk

Lots: lots are really staggered/ set back from each other so…

• Campground Map
  • PW forest park
  • Next to an occupied lot - stagger makes it feel like you have more space
SiteF4
DThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 15, 2021

Awesome state park

Loved this park! Nice, spacious sites. Clean and well maintained bathrooms and showers. Wonderful, well marked hiking trails. And very nice camp hosts. Seriously everything you need!

Katie M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 15, 2021

Great location KOA

This campground has an awesome location between Harrisonburg and Luray/Shenandoah. It has great amenities like a pool and playground, a camp store and lots of friendly and helpful employees. I love that they will pick up your trash and deliver firewood. We stayed in a non-electric grass tent site…

• Site D13 review
    Play button icon
  • Site D13
  • Dog park and pool
SiteD13
Michael M.
Reviewed Aug. 14, 2021

My favorite place to camp

Just an easy 1.5 hours from my house. Beautiful views, easy pull thrus and hookups. Consider this campground to become my home away from home.

Jason G.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 12, 2021

Ok for a quickie

Not so bad for a quick stop, fairly spread out spaces, the highway noise and bathrooms would be the big down side. But there was WiFi which was great considering the area in the mountains.

• small brook trout, with the river just down creek.