The best YURTS camping near
Clarendon Springs , VERMONT

Most Recent Clarendon Springs Camping Reviews
Not My Favorite

We stayed on T67 over Labor Day weekend. This was listed as a prime waterfront site, which is what we look for so that we can launch our kayaks from our site. The map showed a short trail to the water, but it was a 40 foot drop in elevation. We still managed to get our boats down there and lock them up at night near the water. Our site was a tight squeeze for our 8 man tent, 4 man tent and an EX Up over the picnic table.  The campground is in good shape. Clean bathrooms, well maintained roads. Firewood is $6 a bundle and almost all pine. We were at the furthest point away from Rte 9 but we could still hear trucks occasionally. The sounds from within the campground were very loud by virtue of the campground topography. We could hear every shrieking kid and barking dog. But the hiking trails were really cool. I'd go back here, but it wouldn't be my top choice.

Packed in, lots to do, lots of highway noise.

We arrived on a Tuesday and got super anxious about our 7 night stay due to the close proximity. It wasn’t terrible and the campground CLEARED by Sunday night. Sunday - Thursday you’re pretty clear. Small sites when it’s full. There is a lot to do which is nice and they seem to have a good running list of activities. We have said this is a good off or low season campground as we like it for the kids.

Pros: lots to do Good for family Kinda/sorta central to ADK activities. Easy access off highway

Cons 24/7 highway noise. Small sites Required to buy wood from them. So the wood gets a bit expensive. Seems like they cheat he for a lot and have some extra charges.

We went back and forth on this place a lot but Ultimately we liked the campground. I think this would be a good “off peak” time visit since it was inexpensive but seemed more enjoyable when less people were there.

Nasty Bathrooms & Showers

The campground had a lot of great activities, but I can’t say enough about the bathrooms and showers. They were absolutely disgusting. It was very concerning due to COVID-19. They should have taken more care during these times of concern. I would definitely stay away from this campground at least until Covid-19 is over.

Words can’t describe

Terrible place, rude staff,
Million hungry mosquitos

Fun tubing and great staff

We stayed here back in 2016 when the Adirondack Safari had their glamping sites here. We loved it. The best part honestly was tubing down the river. They had a great camp store that had everything you can think of including great beer.

Nice, quiet, rustic

Basic camping in a quiet, older campground. Very pretty beach area at the reservoir where you can paddle and swim. No hook ups available but only $20 per night for a site that was plenty big enough for a small motor home. Mostly tent campers though and spots would be tough for anything much bigger. Bathhouse was clean and had a pay shower.

Nice find...

I was headed from NY to ME and decided to make it a two day trip. VT State Parks have a two night minimum but as this was a Thursday I decided to take a shot. Got there in the late afternoon and a couple sites were open so it all worked out.

This was just an overnight stop so I didn't explore much but it is definitely on the list should I get back up that way again.

Site was shaded and private. The bath house was nice. The coin operated shower was a surprise but I had enough quarters for 10 minutes :)

Disneyworld atmosphere

I have been coming to Lake George escape for 15 years now and I have watched it's transformation from a family run business to a corporate campground. I loved when it was smaller operational wise, It had a more rustic appeal to it , the camp store was small and just had a dated vibe about it. That being said it's become a big operation. They offer everything now , it really is like being at Disney. The daily schedual for the kids it's non-stop all day , they rent golf carts ,kayaks , pedal carts, canoes .They have cabin rentals , pool , a restaurant ,bar , dancing. It's perfect if you prefer glamping but you can also get a site off grid at the same time. You need to see there website to get a full picture of it.

Great place

Love this place I’ve been here more then one twice with a tent and once in a cabin