About Christmas Meadows
Christmas Meadows is located in Utah
4 Reviews of Christmas Meadows
Ranger Review: Wild Zora Paleo Meals to Go at Christmas Meadows

Campground Review:

Just over two hours east of Salt Lake City, Utah, you can find yourself among a meadow of pines, decent sized campground, and a trail system that leads to numerous lakes. Christmas Meadows is by no means the closest camping to Salt Lake that you can find in the Uinta Mountains, but it's a pretty getaway that leads to even better backpacking trails.

The campground sits at about 8,800 feet in elevation and is walking distance from the Stillwater Fork—where you can easily fly fish for brook trout. Views from the meadow up toward the mountains are absolutely beautiful, and there is a trail system walking distance from the campground.

Christmas Meadows Campground was a decent place to stay. In late August, it was very crowded and because the campground itself doesn't have a lot of trees, there is not much privacy. The campground does have water and put toilets, which is very convenient.

This place is worth camping at if you're not seeking privacy. It's a great place to stay if you want to walk to creeks that you can fly fish, or backpack to any of the nearby lakes. The views nearby certainly don't hurt.

Product Review:

As someone who works at The Dyrt, I get the opportunity to test products in the field from time to time. After a morning hike where my partner and I bushwhacked to an alpine lake, we decided to have lunch catered by Wild Zora, and dig into one of their Paleo Meals to Go.

We tried that Caldera Chicken Curry which gave us the energy to hike back to our Christmas Meadows campsite.

Here's what I liked about Wild Zora's paleo meal:

• Easy to make in a pinch - This meal was so easy to prepare. I just simply boiled 1.5 cups of water with my backpacking stove, poured it into the bag, stirred, and let it sit for 15 minutes while I enjoyed alpine lake views
  • Perfect portion - A lot of freeze dried meals are 600+ calories and often yield too much food for me. Wild Zora's Paleo Meals to Go are a single serving and clock in around 340 calories. It was the perfect amount to refuel in the middle of my very steep 6 mile hike
  • Aromatic flavor - I expected the Caldera Chicken Curry would have a lot of flavor given the list of ingredients: pineapple, onion, garlic, cayenne, and turmeric just to name a few. Though this particular meal was on the sweet side for my taste, it still had plenty of different ingredients that provided a nice flavorful balance.
beautiful place

this is a wonderful location with 360° views. great trail heads located near the camp and literally at the end of the road. we didn’t camp at the actual camp ground but paid the 6.00 forest fee and camped at a previously used spot on the side of the toad right next to the creek.

What Utah Mountain camping is all about

Beautiful mountain location! Neatlwd in the trees, cool mountain air, close to natural creeks and fishing streams. Polular spot- book early!

Visitor in the Wilderness

Last week my friends and I drove up and camped in Christmas meadows. This is one of the first places where I felt like I was a visitor in nature, rather than being surrounded by a bunch of rv's and campers. We found a designated spot off the side of the trail and hung up our hammocks to sleep in for the night. Absolutely beautiful place and I 100% recommend visiting