Yurts
About Lone Rock Beach Primitive Camping
Bureau of Land Management
No WiFi
Contact
Lone Rock Beach Primitive Camping is located in Glen Canyon National Recreation Area in Utah
33 Reviews of Lone Rock Beach Primitive Camping
Safe and peaceful!

I started out on a roadtrip from Phoenix alone and didn't know where I'd sleep for the first night. As the sunset approached I stopped at a few viewpoints at Lake Powell to take photos and happened on this spot. It was so fun to drive on the sand right up to the beach and water. It looked like most normal cars did fine to get down - I was thankful for all wheel drive though. I didn't see water facilities but there were bathroom shelters up the beach a ways. Overall it was very cozy, gorgeous sunset and sunrise and everyone nearby was friendly! I wish I had a kayak or paddleboard with me. Enjoy!

Always a good time

We went again this year in May and found the season to b e perfect. Weather was amazing, and it was not yet overrun by tourists so we were able to comfortably stay on the beach. We visit 5 or 6 times a year and will be back again next month. Hard to stay away!

stunning and quiet camping

lone rock beach campground sits on the shore of lake Powell in the Glen Canyon Recreation area. this is camping on the beach at it's best. very quiet and a launching point for your kayaks to explore the slot canyons by boat. here is a link and directions http://www.offshoremarina.com/lone-rock-beach-campground