Yurts
Contact
Lone Rock Beach Primitive Camping is located in Utah
36 Reviews of Lone Rock Beach Primitive Camping
Lone Rock Beach

I thought this campground was a pretty unique find. The closest town is Page, AZ. There's a pretty cool dam nearby, there's Horsehoe Bend and I hear Lake Powell itself is great for Kayaking, but we didn't get to enjoy that. This campsite is interesting because there are no designated spots. You just drive out anywhere on the beach and camp. Plenty of toilets scattered around the beach, no showers. We came on a windy night and tent camped, so we woke up covered in sand. Other downside is that apparently it is a spot for locals to come party. Be careful where you park. The sand moves and you can get stuck. But it was pretty amazing sleeping right on a beach.

Spectacular view, easily accessible

Stayed 3 nights in a row in Mid October 2016. Really enjoyed the beach camping. With incredibly easy access to Wahweap bay. The moon was so bright at night that we didn't even need headlamps to go to the toilets. $14 per night(need a one time $35 pass to Glen Canyon National Recreation area.) It was not too crowded in Mid October. On Saturday and Sunday there was a line of RVs and Campers along the waters edge. And then a few of us forced to camp back from the water(200ft) near the dunes(closer to the toilets). And then on Sunday night most of the crowd cleared out and we move our tent up to the "front row".

(The cons list looks longer, but the pros far outweigh) Pros: right on the shore of Wahweap bay. Amazing views day and night. Cheap fees considering the fancy microflush toilets.

Cons: Camping on a sandy beach can cause some issues, especially if winds pick up. I assume it's really crowded in the summer. This part of lake Powell features mostly grey colored rocks, if you are hopin to see the signature red rocks of lake Powell, you will likely need a powered watercraft. (We spent an entire afternoon paddleboarding, and couldn't even reach the far end of Wahweap bay.

Beach & canyon primitive camping

Kayak through the canyon, a perfect way to experience UT. Drive around the dunes and find your own site for camping, but there are toilet facilities to make it similar to a standard state park campground. They don’t take reservations so come early in the day. There are other more developed campsite options in the park (some do take reservations). If it’s windy the sand can be a problem, but that’s just how Utah is. There’s so much more to do in the area too and the sunrises & sunsets are memorable.

Safe and peaceful!

I started out on a roadtrip from Phoenix alone and didn't know where I'd sleep for the first night. As the sunset approached I stopped at a few viewpoints at Lake Powell to take photos and happened on this spot. It was so fun to drive on the sand right up to the beach and water. It looked like most normal cars did fine to get down - I was thankful for all wheel drive though. I didn't see water facilities but there were bathroom shelters up the beach a ways. Overall it was very cozy, gorgeous sunset and sunrise and everyone nearby was friendly! I wish I had a kayak or paddleboard with me. Enjoy!

Always a good time

We went again this year in May and found the season to b e perfect. Weather was amazing, and it was not yet overrun by tourists so we were able to comfortably stay on the beach. We visit 5 or 6 times a year and will be back again next month. Hard to stay away!

stunning and quiet camping

lone rock beach campground sits on the shore of lake Powell in the Glen Canyon Recreation area. this is camping on the beach at it's best. very quiet and a launching point for your kayaks to explore the slot canyons by boat. here is a link and directions http://www.offshoremarina.com/lone-rock-beach-campground