Standard (Tent/RV)
Max Length: 65 ft.
Tuck In the Wood Campground is located in South Carolina
6 Reviews of Tuck In the Wood Campground
Pleasant and relaxing

Quiet campground, mostly RVs but nice spots for tent camping! Electric and water hookups for all sites, and they sell firewood and ice on site as well (on an honors system after the office closes). Nice pond with boardwalk in the center of the campground, and lots of space for dog walking. Very clean restrooms. Close to Hunting Island. We loved Superior Coffee for coffee and breakfast, and Shrimp Shack for lunch. Had a great time with our two dogs on their first camping trip! We are local to Beaufort and will definitely be back.

My standard

I've been to several different campgrounds since I started camping with my son about 6 years ago. This is the campground I compare them all to. We visit every summer. Never have a problem with reserving a site. They don't charge me until I arrive. It's never been crowded or dirty or unpleasant ( even when it rained!). It's nothing fancy…no spa, no pool, no tacky store. But it's easy to find, has a lovely boardwalk running through it, and is less than 3 miles from a well preserved revolutionary war fort, secret beach, and some of the best oysters and shrimp I have ever, ever eaten ( and since I'm a sous chef that is saying a lot!). It's surrounded by oaks and history, and huge tomato farms. It's, to me, everything good about a summer getaway!! Can't wait to go back!!

Great for groups, pets and kids

Had a great time with friends at Tuck in the Woods. We were 12 adults, 3 kids, and 4 dogs and fit in 2 campsites with lots of room to spare. Staff were great. Bath house was clean and showers were perfect after a day at the beach. We’ll definitely be back!

The BEST campground hands down

This campground has a nice playground for the kids along with a super duper water slide. The sites are roomy, the bath houses are super clean. It’s convenient to all shops, grocery stores, parks, restaurants, etc. This is where my grandkids want to go every year.

Fantastic Campground

We stayed there when my son graduated from Parris Island. We were only there for 3 nights but everyone was so friendly and we loved the site. It was such a busy time for all of the graduation ceremonies that we didn't get to spend much down time in the campground itself, but I would definitely want to visit again. We loved the area around the campground as well. Can't recommend this place enough!

Small and inexpensive, but perfect for a weekend escape from reality

I’m not an avid camper, but I love to pitch a tent when I have time away from work. This campground is the perfect place for myself and my girlfriend to escape for a night or two. The staff is friendly and we have always enjoyed the peace and relaxation. It’s close to beaches and stores, but gives the feel that we are away from our everyday lives and civilization.