Standard (Tent/RV)
Pull-Through Sites
Contact
Powell Park Campground is located in Texas
5 Reviews of Powell Park Campground
Clean family fun. Lots to do!

Spent the weekend here with my husband and son. We stayed in cabin 21, which was clean, cozy, and quiet. My son absolutely loved the jumping pillow! They also have jet skis and boats to rent. The lake is beautiful! The little cafe has excellent chicken fried steak and the French toast was delicious. The staff are all super friendly and very invested in making sure all the campers are taken care of. We will definitely be back!

Love this campground!!!

Beautiful lake, Spotless Camp grounds, Awesome Staff Went to Powell not knowing what to expect. The lake is beautiful, the camp grounds are spotless and the Staff is awesome. Great facilities whether tent camping, RV camping or staying in a cabin. Cabins are small and rustic as you would expect but very clean. What you’d want since you will be outside enjoying the great outdoors! Boat rentals, pontoons for larger groups, fishing, water sports, they have it all. Did I mention how awesome the staff is??? So accommodating and friendly. We will be back!

Powell Park

I have been here for about 3 months and I find it to be a great place to spend time.  It is family friendly and the campers are friendly and helpful to one another.  It's beautiful and peaceful.  Lots of fun to be had on the water and at the campground.

Great park, very clean and friendly staff

We spent a weekend there in August, and had a great time! The park was clean, and the staff was very friendly and active around the property. We were surprised to find a cafe located inside the park, the food was quite good! And the store has a good variety of things to choose from. All the other campers we met were very friendly, and everyone seemed to be having a good time. You can see deer wandering through the park in the morning hours. We stayed in a cabin, which was clean and nicely appointed. We even rented a pontoon boat for an evening ride around Lake Sam Rayburn, it's really beautiful. We will definitely be going back!

Too Crowded

Powell Park has a lot of “pro’s”… but, even more “con’s.” There is a store on the grounds—expect to pay 2X’s what you would have paid for the same item(s) at WalMart. Attached to the store is a small diner/cafe—food is edible(ish)… There is a “swim area.” In the past they have had inflatables and water toys/activities for kids of all ages—since the pandemic, they have limited the amount of toys (yet still charge the same price). My biggest complaint about the swim area is the fact that anyone can use it… (individuals who are not camping there) therefore, everyone (and their kids) swarm the “beach”—making it way to crowded to enjoy. There is 2 gas pumps for boats, 2 large boat ramps, and 2 large docks/slips for boats. They even rent pontoon boats by the day. Powell Park is privately owned, therefore they have the RV spots crammed as tight as they can in order to make their money. When I go camping, I do not enjoy being on top of my neighbor(s). Overall, Powell Park is usually our last choice if searching for an open camping spot… but, we have made some wonderful family memories.