About Kayuta Lake Campground
Max Length: 45 ft.
Kayuta Lake Campground is located in New York
2 Reviews of Kayuta Lake Campground
Fun for kids

When we pulled in, we felt like outsiders. Many people have seasonal sites and some of the activities are geared toward seasonal campers. We were excited to build a boat out of cardboard and duct tape for the Redneck Yacht Club weekend, but we later discovered that this contest was just for seasonal campers. Bummer. We are going back for Halloween weekend in August and plan to have our kids participate. I’m hoping that they will be able to. Anyway, they have a nice pool. It’s just a little small. The playground is old and outdated, but my kids didn’t seem to mind. The arcade was a bummer. Half of the games did not work. My kids are young enough that they didn’t mind. The staff is really nice. They offered a cute little wagon ride through the grounds and were always friendly and greeted you when they saw you. My five year old, husband, and Dad all signed up for laser tag. They had such an awesome time! That certainly is a fabulous amenity. We will come back for that alone because my son had so much fun. It is $10 per person but so worth it. The sites are close together. I’m used to more of a community vibe when I camp, but people seemed to keep to themselves for the most part. There are camper sites with full hookup, some with just water and electric, And a few electric only. There are also tent sites. The boat launch is kind of run down. There isn’t a dock per se, and the metal dock that is there is unstable. If they developed this area a bit, it would be much for inviting for fisherman and recreational boaters. This isn’t my favorite place, but it’s good for my kids. Very family oriented. Sorry about the people in the pics. I didn’t take any of just the grounds.

Right at the gateway to the Adirondacks, a real gem of a campground!

We've visited this campground 6 times since we found it 4 years ago, and keep coming back for more. Easy access, great staff, well kept facilities and a beautiful setting. What more can you ask for?

The sites themselves are a good size. They aren't huge, but you'll have enough room to get creative with your parking. Plenty of trees to hang your hammocks on. All sites have a picnic table and fire pit, and for the most part are fairly level. Not all sites have full hookups, some are just power, some are only grey water, and some are full. There are a lot of full timers here, so the grounds can look fuller than they really are as most often the majority of the full time sites are not occupied. But on big weekends, when everyone shows up, its still not too crowded.

The facilities are modern and well kept. The only issue I had was the shower heads are at about 5'2" above the floor. I'm 6' tall. So that kinda sucked. But the pressure and temp were great, so its still a win. Plus, camping isn't really about taking showers anyways, right? Other than that the bath houses are well maintained and stocked. And they are never more than a quick walk from your camper.

Did I mention there is a pool? There is. And its HEATED. Which is nice, as we often get up there early or late in the season, and a heated pool is a necessity. There's also a good sized playground, an arcade, and lots of games for kids (and adults) to play like basketball, shuffle board, corn hole or horse shoes.

They have a great little shop there too, with just about everything you'd need to make a great weekend. And the staff is fantastic as well. The river is a little weird to get to, but totally worth it for kayaking, sailing or whatever kind of boating you want to do.

So that's a lotta Pro's. I should list some Cons too, to keep it fair.

• The sites are kinda close, so you don't get a ton of privacy, and you can really hear what's going on next door.
  • The roadways can get a little tight between the trees, and can make for some interesting backing in.
  • Also, the roadways are mostly one-way, which can make getting creative with your trailer landing position tough.
  • They offer free wifi.
  • Not all sites have full hookups
  • Personally I'm not a fan of such an abundance of full-time units. But at least they're well kept (for the most part) and it is a few degrees shy of looking like a trailer park. You know what I mean.

Check them out, and they'll become one of your favorites too!