The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Steen , TEXAS

Camping Texas Steen Standard (Tent/RV)

Most Recent Steen Camping Reviews
Good Travel Stop

We stayed here for a couple of nights while touring the nearby Shiner brewery and the historic old churches in the area.  The sites are small, and there are many full timers in the park, but there are several sites available for short term travelers.   Many folks use this as a travel stop.  The owners are very nice and helpful, and give good advice on things to do in the area.  The campground is within walking distance to downtown, which offers a few pretty good restaurants.  It is also walking distance to Whataburger and a couple of other restaurants.  It is right off the interstate, but we really weren't bothered by highway noise. This is a really good travel stop and we will likely stay here again when we're passing through the area.  I'll post a few pics of the things to see and do in this area.

Quaint Little Campground on the Guadelupe River

We camped here for 5 nights.  The park is small and there are quite a few full timers here, but it is well kept and quiet.  We had a site very close to the river (2nd row) which offered a great view.  There is access to the river for boating or swimming.  There are beautiful huge trees in the park and most sites have ample shade.  We did experience an issue with flies though, which were so bothersome we couldn't eat outside.  This experience at Rivershade is what prompted me to buy a portable screen room!

The bathhouse is old, but very clean, and there are washers and dryers on site.  The management is very friendly and helpful.  We really enjoyed our stay here at Rivershade and will return.  This is a good place for a mini vacation or even a short travel stop, as it's right off of interstate 10.

Great lil spot

Great spot to relax and have peace and quiet. Pre ordered fire wood. They had it already at my site. I was escorted to my site and given the run down. Only stayed for one night but I could stay here for a couple weeks. A few full time workers but you only see them early in morning or late at night.

Quiet and beautiful

I feel I got kind of lucky to find this beautiful weather spaces spot full hookup may come by once a week to empty your tanks

A quiet little Gem!

What a gem of a park! We only stayed one night so I did not get to use any amenities except for the DOG Park! What a wonderful amenity with the automatic lights for after dark. Park was very clean and quiet. The way the site was set up was truly delightful. Picnic table in just the right place, Oak tree in just the right place, outdoor decorative lighting, awesome fire pit. I really wish I had time to stay longer. This place will be a“must” stay the next time I come thru. Highly recommend!

Nice small park

This is the Lockhart state park and you can reserve online through the state park site. Check in is simple and easy access. There are 2 small loops for RV’s each with about 10 sites. One loop is full hookups with 50amp and the other is water&electric only with much smaller sites. We are pulling a 35’ 5th wheel and fit ok but the sites are not deep. The sites are also not super level and our site #2 sloped back. Decent hiking trails and a creek with fish runs through the park. There is also a 9hole golf course too.

Friendly and convenient

We stopped here for an overnight stop on our road trip. The staff was very helpful when we called to reserve a spot earlier in the day. The park is clean with level spots. It looks like there are a lot of people who stay for extended periods. We got a neat treat at check-in with recommendations for more treats in town. The office also has a cute shop with the basics, if you need them, and some gifts. There are also a couple of cabins available if you don't have a camper.

Cute little park

Beautiful and fun little state park with a 9 hole golf course, a swimming pool and nearby #1 Texas barbeque

Goliad state park

I’m from Goliad, so whenever I feel like getting outdoors I can just drive 15 minutes down the road to the park and enjoy a day hike or a weekend out in the woods. The park is awesome lots of Historic sites and lots of history in such a small town. The park has Tent sites, small cabins for rent and restrooms with showers that are always clean. They also have RV hook ups with plenty of room and shade trees. The nature trail is nice too. Definitely recommend for anyone that has not visited before.

Family fun state park

This is a great park for families. There is all kinds of activities like biking, hiking, swimming, fishing, a playground, kayak/paddle board rentals, etc. The campground is small for RVs, only about 19 sites and there’s a few with full sewer hookups, the rest with water/electric. The sites on the outer loop are spaced out a bit more then the sites on the inner loop. We had some noisy neighbors with loud music but otherwise I would guess it’s a pretty tame park.. highly recommend and we’ll be back!