The best BOAT IN camping near
Peadenville , TEXAS

Most Recent Peadenville Camping Reviews
I have not camped here but I’ve been here

It is very good for camping and kayaking around the area. It is very good for fishing as well and the campsites seem nice and clean.

Great campground on the lake

We so enjoyed our stay here! Right on the water and the campgrounds are spaced out enough that you are not right on top of each other. There is a convenience store on site that has most anything you need. There is also a Men’s and Women’s bathrooms with two shower stalls (in the women’s at least) - but no family bathroom setup. Everything was pretty basic, as you would expect at a state park.

Out of season, quiet place to park

We stayed one night, in January, passing through TX. Easy on/off access to I-20. The park is clean, has full hookups, and is right on the river. Wasn't crowded because it was out of season for tubing, so it was quiet. Park felt safe and was a convenient place to spend the night. The people answering the phone were pleasant and helpful. I would stay here again without hesitation when passing through.

Looks like fun in the summer

We arrived late  December and it was chilly. Sites with full hook up are limited, but even with annuals are still possible. One thing though, we found a great site (124 ) very close to the water which is a plus for us as my wife is disabled and needs a walker so if the water is too far it becomes and issue, but had to pay $3 more a night due to it being as they said a limited 50 amp service. Even though we are 30, still the cost is $3. With my wife issue it is a no brainer for us. All in all, the campground was quite, you can see when it is summertime, its a wonderful place to bring the family as it has a huge area for kid activities, family gathering and more.

Good free camping.

This is a great spot. Highway noise is there, but not bad. Sites available close to water/marina. Has dumpsters you can use at park also. Decently clean sites. I don’t think anyone cleans the charcoal grills though.

Ok for a Short Visit

We stayed overnight here but wouldn't plan on longer just for the fact that there's not much room. The site is small, maybe 20 or so campsites right next to each other all on gravel. Pretty clean, though the feral cats are abundant. Very nice staff and reasonable prices in the store, and though their hours are short you can call if you need something. Right across the highway from the water.

Almost Perfect

Beautiful, off the beaten track, free, lots of trails and pull off areas to over night. me & one other tent camper had entire area (camp&beach) ourselves Nov3 2020. if you can navigate around the dense razor sharp Grass burrs. within minutes my tent, pets, shoes and tires were covered and difficult to remove

Seclusion

Privacy you can walk in or boat in clean restrooms great for primitive camping. Has access to day use tables. Not many visitors . Remote.

Great for hiking and climbing

Pretty accessible if you live in Tarrant County for day tripping. Covid restrictions keep us out on our first attempt to visit the park. Our second trip we made reservations for a day pass. We went to hike aloo g rocky cliff side of the lake. The hike is longer than you’d think and less interesting then we’d expected.

The best features are near the rock climbing side. Really enjoyed that leg. The rest was just lakeside and not particularly memorable or interesting. Hate to say this wasn’t a great experience, but we have plans to return and do some camping in the spring. It is so close to home it is hard to not make time to give it a second chance.

Best Campground in the North DFW

While the area boasts many RV parks, campgrounds are unfortunately less common - especially those that offer a real opportunity to get outside of the metroplex. Situated north of Decatur, the campground sits on the small but refreshing Black Creek Lake and offers tremendous views that aren't ample in this region. At night, there was still a faint glow of the city lights. Still, it was not nearly the same level light pollution as you'd see elsewhere. We were fortunate enough to enjoy the camp with several friends of ours. The sites were easily large enough for all of us. The camp also has a small playground that our kids enjoyed. Nearby there are a few trails that follow the Black Creek (pictured). I regret that I didn't have my inflatable raft with. We'll definitely be back!