The best DRIVE IN camping near
O'Quinn , TEXAS

Most Recent O'Quinn Camping Reviews
Good Travel Stop

We stayed here for a couple of nights while touring the nearby Shiner brewery and the historic old churches in the area.  The sites are small, and there are many full timers in the park, but there are several sites available for short term travelers.   Many folks use this as a travel stop.  The owners are very nice and helpful, and give good advice on things to do in the area.  The campground is within walking distance to downtown, which offers a few pretty good restaurants.  It is also walking distance to Whataburger and a couple of other restaurants.  It is right off the interstate, but we really weren't bothered by highway noise. This is a really good travel stop and we will likely stay here again when we're passing through the area.  I'll post a few pics of the things to see and do in this area.

Great lil spot

Great spot to relax and have peace and quiet. Pre ordered fire wood. They had it already at my site. I was escorted to my site and given the run down. Only stayed for one night but I could stay here for a couple weeks. A few full time workers but you only see them early in morning or late at night.

Great Park

Good park, friendly staff. Quiet area by the highway. Call in advance to check availability.

Quiet little park

I’ve seen some bad reviews of this park and I can’t tell you why I understand there isn’t much to do here but swim fish and relax the sites are full of trees and not to close. Overall we enjoy this park with our 4 and 6 year old. This was our second 3 day visit. Worth the drive from Houston every time.

A quiet little Gem!

What a gem of a park! We only stayed one night so I did not get to use any amenities except for the DOG Park! What a wonderful amenity with the automatic lights for after dark. Park was very clean and quiet. The way the site was set up was truly delightful. Picnic table in just the right place, Oak tree in just the right place, outdoor decorative lighting, awesome fire pit. I really wish I had time to stay longer. This place will be a“must” stay the next time I come thru. Highly recommend!

Very Nice

Only stayed one night but a very nice park. Level concrete pads with asphalt roads. Pool and spa. Playground for the kids. Huge dog run. Trash pickup. Would stay again.

Nice small park

This is the Lockhart state park and you can reserve online through the state park site. Check in is simple and easy access. There are 2 small loops for RV’s each with about 10 sites. One loop is full hookups with 50amp and the other is water&electric only with much smaller sites. We are pulling a 35’ 5th wheel and fit ok but the sites are not deep. The sites are also not super level and our site #2 sloped back. Decent hiking trails and a creek with fish runs through the park. There is also a 9hole golf course too.

Quiet & Private

Pros:

• Quick check-in

• 176-acre park with 40 campsites on the south shore of Lake Bastrop.

• Level site concrete pad surrounded by crushed granite.

• Aluminum picnic table, lantern pole, BBQ grill and fire pit with cooking grill.

• Cleaned BBQ grill and fire pit upon arrival.

• Very private as the site was surrounded by heavy brush.

• Even though Spring Break and the campground was packed, it was quiet.

• Firewood is available for purchase from Park.

Cons:

• LCRA $6 on-line reservation fee.

• Long waits for toilet/shower. All are family type facilities with the toilet, sink and shower as one unit behind a lock door, so one showering person ties up a toilet. There are 8“units” for 40 campsites PLUS cabins.

• Toilets/showers could of used more frequent cleaning as they are heavily used.

So Peaceful...

This is the second time we have stayed here. This time was from Christmas Eve until the Sunday after. This place doesn’t disappoint. There are nice hiking trails. The lake views are beautiful. All the campsites appear to be very well kept. My husband went fishing for a bit. He didn’t catch anything, but he witnessed another gentleman catch a 20” fish, so we know there are fish in the lake. We stayed in campsite 28, which is a great space…unless it’s windy. Had great internet service, which is unusual for us in a state park.

Great little spot in Texas for an overnight.

We discovered Blue Mule Winery on Harvests Hosts, but it seems anyone can make a reservation to stay there by emailing Ash at least 24 hours in advance. It is also courtesty you visit the winery, sample and buy your favorites wines. they also have fresh eggs for sale.

Along with overnight RV / Travel Trailer camping, they  have a duplex cabin that you can rent through Air BNB.

This little family farm is well maintained, super clean and  not only do they have IMO some of Texas' best local wines, there's also Alpaca Llama's and Donkeys. They even gave us a bag of snacks to feed them (FYI the Llama's like to have their neck rubbed). The frozen wine slushies are really good.

Camping is in a small field in between the winery, and the Llamas.  We found a perfectly level spot. I would say a max of 4 could fit in here comfortably.

This is dry camping / boon-docking only. Pack out whatever you take in, including trash.

If you're traveling to Austin, TX like us, this an amazing place to stay overnight. be sure to get up and watch the sunrise.

The entire family is incredibly friendly. A must stop for sure.