Camping in Montalba

35 Reviews of 7 Montalba, Texas Campgrounds

Kayla L.
Reviewed Jun. 13, 2021

Family Oriented Camping

My kids are already asking when we are coming back. The owners and staff are super friendly. The water park kept my kids happy the entire weekend. Only drawback was not open past 5 pm but I understand why (they do private parties). Plenty activities for kids. They set up a movie night on the…

Lauren Z.
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2021

Cute little park

The park was small, but nice. We loved waking up to see a pasture full of cows behind us. The manager was very polite. I would stay here again.

Marc T.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 26, 2021

Great Park, People and Wine

Nice, well maintained park with the usual amenities. Very nice staff and a cool little store at the entrance. Just around the corner from the Kiepersol Winery and restaurant. Great central location for visiting Tyler, Canton, Lindale, Gladewater and more.

Sara F.
Reviewed Apr. 19, 2021

Pretty park, crowded sites

This park is beautiful with lots of areas to explore. The camp sites are all in one location and are very close to one another. Some sites are awesome while others are kind of awful, unfortunately. We were in site 004 and it wasn't great. There wasn't a good spot for a tent or a hammock. However,…

E
Reviewed Apr. 15, 2021

Very nice but small

We stayed in a pull through here. Nice concrete pads, average size for the site for a privately owned park. Great little fishing pond, but not much else to do. I would say a good weekender or awesome stop-over!

Month of VisitNovember
Becca H.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 13, 2021

Lots of space!

We loved kayaking this lake! Camped at RV and shelter site, both were great!

J
Reviewed Apr. 8, 2021

Quiet hideaway

3 separate camping areas, large travel trailer accessible. State maintained access roads, and vault toilet.

VThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Mar. 23, 2021

Basic Dispersed/Free Camping in the Davy Crockett NF, Pit Toilet.

4 Stars based on Dispersed / Free Camping w/ a clean pit toilet.
Easily accessible from FSR 511, near the 4C Trail northern trailhead (although some sections are currently closed), clean pit toilets, and nice observation deck overlooking the Neches River.  Used as a hunters' camp during deer…

• Signage on FSR 511 at left turn to the Neches Bluff Overlook, FSR 511-A.
  • Signage at entrance to last camping area of the loop drive through the Neches Bluff Overlook area.
  • Pit toilet just past the overlook (clean and with a maintenance log posted on the door).
SiteArea towards the end of the "loop" drive to the right.
Month of VisitNovember
Andy K.
Reviewed Mar. 18, 2021

Tented in march.yes!

While tenting in Texas is highly variable in match, Bushmans has a unique little swatch for yents or even tents! Enjoyed Kiepersolncanned wine and best shower rooms ever’! Now if they just sponsor a bike even, I could bring friends!

Jeff N.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Mar. 2, 2021

Excellent state park

Huge site! Water frontage to die for. Be warned tho.. no At&T. Dead zone, so plan ahead. Other carriers unknown

Jay N.
Reviewed Jan. 20, 2021

👍

I spent one night over there we enjoy it me and my dog had some breakfast in the morning stay until about 1 PM and then we win unexplored around, and then enjoy some off roads. I be back.

DThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jan. 5, 2021

Great 5 day stay.

Really enjoyed this campground. Some beautiful hikes and all but one site people really appear to not leave any trash. The forest service road to get to the campground is pretty level and appears you could get an rv or pull behind through it. Plenty of turn around space at multiple sites. I'd…

Dude R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 12, 2020

One of my favorite Texas State Parks!

On our spring 2017 RV adventure we spent two nights RV camping at Fairfield Lake State Park. Fairfield Lake State Park is such a beautiful place to camp, fish and swim. We realy enjoy this stunning park! The campground at Fairfield Lake State Park is heavily treed and very well shaded. Thanks to…

Month of VisitApril
Rachel J.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 3, 2020

No tents on weekends

My husband and I went to this site to scope it out for a weekend family camping trip. We drove all over the park and could not find a designated area for tents. We finally stopped at the restaurant/convenient store/bait shop and asked where are the tent sites. He asked when we wanted to stay and we…