The best EQUESTRIAN camping near

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent Flo Camping Reviews
Excellent state park

Huge site! Water frontage to die for. Be warned tho.. no At&T. Dead zone, so plan ahead. Other carriers unknown

👍

I spent one night over there we enjoy it me and my dog had some breakfast in the morning stay until about 1 PM and then we win unexplored around, and then enjoy some off roads. I be back.

Great 5 day stay.

Really enjoyed this campground. Some beautiful hikes and all but one site people really appear to not leave any trash. The forest service road to get to the campground is pretty level and appears you could get an rv or pull behind through it. Plenty of turn around space at multiple sites. I'd suggest getting here with some daylight to find a site if coming on a weekend. I would suggest getting firewood in Alto(15 minutes away) at Custom Cut Lumber. You can get pine firewood at 20 bucks a pickup load. It's self load but a really great deal.

One of my favorite Texas State Parks!

On our spring 2017 RV adventure we spent two nights RV camping at Fairfield Lake State Park. Fairfield Lake State Park is such a beautiful place to camp, fish and swim. We realy enjoy this stunning park! The campground at Fairfield Lake State Park is heavily treed and very well shaded. Thanks to being located on a power plant lake Fairfield Lake State Park has great fishing! Stocked with Red Drum, Bass, catfish and even Blue Tilapia there is a fish for everyone! Fairfield Lake State Park is one of my favorite Texas State Parks! You will not regret spending any amount of time visiting Fairfield Lake State Park.

I have several videos of this great park on my YouTube ….DudeRV.com

No tents on weekends

My husband and I went to this site to scope it out for a weekend family camping trip. We drove all over the park and could not find a designated area for tents. We finally stopped at the restaurant/convenient store/bait shop and asked where are the tent sites. He asked when we wanted to stay and we gave him the dates. He then informed us they do not allow tents during the weekend. Some customers there recommended a different park.

This is a RV park. There is no tent sites. From what we could see a lot of the RVs live at the park. It doesn’t look like a camping site of any sort. It looks more like a trailer park. We were greatly disappointed.

Beautiful place to stay

Great place to stay great for the kids and the entire family. Wonderful location with so much to see and do. Will be going back there again very soon.

True Nature

A beautiful park for those that love true nature. This park is huge and has several miles of hiking trail options. Although the park is very large, the campsites are quite crowded and set to one area of the lake. For those wanting to camp with a view of the water, don’t go. This lake is very grassy on the edges (tall/thick cattails) and it is really wooded along the shoreline. With that being said, it does have a nice and large swimming area with sandy bottom. Staff was extremely friendly!!

Good fishing

My husband had a blast fishing there with his buddies and we had a good boat ride but there wasn’t a whole lot for our kid to do. We managed though and we do plan on going back, but we will definitely be bringing more activities for our children. We have gone twice and do plan to go much more.

Great overnight

I am a touring cyclist. I stopped here for an overnight. Small shelter I set up my tent under as there was rain in the area. A lot of trash in the area.

Tip:… if cycling the area. About a mile west of this camping area there is a pipe coming out of the ground on the north side of the road. Spewing cold potable water. Great place to fill water bottles if you can find it.