Yurts
Equestrian
About Fall Creek Falls State Park

All 26,000 acres of Fall Creek Falls State Park contain some of Tennessee’s most rugged beauty. Sharing its moniker with the waterfall of the same name, numerous other falls can also be found cascading through the park including Cane Creek, Piney, and Virgin Falls. Hike through the Cumberland Plateau and enjoy exploring 56 miles of trails in the park, countless natural caves, and even an 18-hole golf course!

Looking to rough it? You’re in luck. A strenuous four mile hike brings you to Virgin Falls, featuring 9 primitive campsites below the falls for the more adventurous camper.

For those seeking a less demanding camping experience, look no further. With over 220 campsites, camping at Fall Creek Falls State Park is a breeze and provides every luxury you could ask for. All sites come equipped with grills, water, tables, fire rings, and access to numerous bathhouses. Almost half of the sites have sewer connection and some will accommodate RVs up to 65 feet in length. Satisfy your every need at Fall Creek Falls!

Price
$8.00 - $32.00
Hike In
Fall Creek Falls State Park is located in Tennessee
79 Reviews of Fall Creek Falls State Park
Mountain Festival

A group of friends met here for the Mountain Festival. In addition to an awesome time checking out food and craft venders there are some awesome trails and overlooks. There are several campgrounds to pick from. We were in D which is best for small campers and tents. Some of these sites are really close together, others have a lot of space to set up. There is a nice group camp site in the trees and some secluded sites on the back loop. The showerhouse is a little old but functional. Fall Creek Falls is going through renovations and they have some new areas already opened for your enjoyment. Zip lines, a nice swimming pool, an amphitheater, swing bridges, awesome waterfall overlooks and some strenuous climbs that are worth the journey.

Family Reunion

Love this place. We come here every year for our family reunion. So much to do.

Really nice getaway very peaceful and quiet

Love visiting this place lots of trails and hikes nature area waterfalls very good place for family and gets to visit

What beauty exists

Such a beautiful park. Spacious sites. Lots of area to roam. Wildlife abundant. Hiking trails. Scenic drives. Lake sports. We will come back.

Love this place.

Very shaded and quiet. Nice store with anything you need. One of my favorite places to go.

Great place to camp both in tents and or a camper or RV

Sseveral sections to choose from anything from hotel, cabins, tent, camper, or RV sites. Plenty of Hiking trails and a few and swimming spots. Fun for families, friends or couples.

Away from it all

From camping to hiking to kayaking to swimming to horseback riding and treetop adventure this park has it all. We visited in July and the temperature outside was tolerable. We camped in campground A and it was great for family camping. The trails are great. Swimming holes everywhere and the water is refreshingly cold. Saw a lot of baby deer this time of year. It is a bit far (30 minutes) from grocery store so bring enough supplies for your stay. We will come back to this location.

Very nice

Enjoyed this park - very nice. The campsite was very clean and fairly easy to get around. I was pleasantly surprised to see all the play areas in each of the campground groupings.  Very nice setup for kids of all ages. There's a huge pool by the lake that you can pay to swim in (11 feet deep at one end). The staff here is very friendly and helpful.

The one complaint I have with the park in general is lack of informational signs about the waterfalls - no warning that to get to certain waterfalls, involves climbing down/up trails that are nothing more then going up and over wet, slippery rocks (not the crushed gravel kind). I asked about this and they are working on getting more information out for this so that people who have health issues can decide whether to go or not. I did it but certainly wish I hadn't - it wasn't easy for someone who has had multiple knee surgeries and has severe asthma. Beyond more information, it would be nice if the handrail went the full length of the trail vs just half of it - that would help a lot!

All in all - very worth the trip to visit and camp here.

Immaculate!

Couldn't have been any better. One of the best sites I've been to. Made our anniversary weekend that much more enjoyable.

Ranger Review: Grub Stick Deluxe Kit at Fall Creek Falls State Park

Campground Review: Fall Creek Falls State Park is located in Spencer, TN. This is one of the best state parks I’ve been to- gorgeous waterfalls, miles of hiking trails, a great lake for kayaking, and multiple swimming holes are just a few of the offerings. We stayed in the B section, sites B50 and B51. Each site can accommodate at least 2 tents and 1 RV. Sites come equipped with electric hookups, fire rings, and water. The campsites are full of trees perfect for attaching hammocks and enjoying the shade. There are bathhouses with showers and toilets(some of the cleanest I’ve ever seen at a campground) located throughout each campground area, so all of the sites are close to a bathroom. The camp check-in office sells ice and firewood, but unfortunately the firewood they sold us was wet and we had a hard time getting a fire going. That was really the only negative experience we had- everything else was wonderful. There are far too many activities to try in one weekend, so we chose to hike the trail down to the base of Fall Creek Falls(the main waterfall). This hike was a little more intense than I was expecting, but it was beautiful- I’ve included pictures with the review. Warning- it’s very slippery, especially while being pulled by a very excited puppy! We also went to George Hole, a fantastic swimming hole right by the camping area. The water was pretty cold while we were there, but if you visit later in the summer I’m sure it would be perfect. Other highlights of our trip were kayaking at the lake, where you can rent canoes or kayaks or use your own($5 fee), and the awesome but scary swing bridge behind the nature center. I absolutely recommend visiting and camping at Fall Creek Falls State Park!

Gear Review: Grub Stick Deluxe Kit

As a Ranger for the Dyrt, I sometimes get gear to review on my camping trips. For this trip, I reviewed the Grub Stick Deluxe Kit. The kit comes with 2 Handles, 2 Forks, 1 Grubcage, 1 Burgcage, 1 Grubtube, 1 Grubpocket, Silicone Trivet, Release Tool, Bacon Clip, Grabber, and a really nice bag. I like that the kit comes with 2 handles, as it allows both my husband and I to cook at the same time. We cooked several meals- hot dogs on the forks, bell peppers in the grubcage, pinapple rings in the burgcage, marshmallows on the forks, s’mores in the grubcage, crescent roll dough on both the grubpocket and the grubtube (which we filled with pie filling), and our favorite, barbecue tempeh in the burgcage. For those unfamiliar, tempeh is a fermented soybean patty that you can marinate and cook using countless methods. I steamed the tempeh for 10 minutes at home before our trip, and put it in a ziplock bag with barbecue sauce(homemade or store bought- whichever you prefer). We then cooked it over the fire using the burgcage for about 5 minutes on each side and it was absolutely delicious! Our other favorites were the pineapple rings and the bell peppers. Cooking the whole s’more, which Grub Stick has demonstrated on their Instagram, didn’t work out so well- the cracker burned, the chocolate melted everywhere, and the marshmallow didn’t roast. I recommend using the fork attachment to roast marshmallows the old fashion way. The only negative experience we had was with the burgcage- after a few uses the clasp where the cage closes became too loose, and we sadly lost a pineapple ring. I tried to squeeze it tight again with the gripper, but I think it will require pliers. We love our Grub Stick and definitely recommend it. It’s super lightweight and portable. I look forward to using it on future campouts!