The best BOAT IN camping near
Helenwood , TENNESSEE

Most Recent Helenwood Camping Reviews
fishing creek

best camping on lake cumberland..right on the water in the summer..can walk around the shore at winter pool..

Nice quiet campground but a bit cramped

This is for the eastern campgrounds. I had spot 4 and 20. Decent campground. Bathroom/shower needs work. No sewer. Decent att LTE coverage. Check pictures for wooden picnic tables. The concrete ones suck. Giant power lines through campground so need to head to dam for scenery.

Nice clean campground

A group of 6 campers on our way to the East Coast stayed over in Grove Campground, part of the Daniel Boone National Forrest. We stayed 2 nights in our site B12 and enjoyed the stay. Although COVID had bathroom closed, we brought our own. We had a great time exploring the area including Cumberland Falls. We would go back if ever in that neck of the woods again!

Sufficient

Super nice employees. Campsites very close together.  We had to move from the first because on either side there was no room for our slide outs.  We were very close to I 40 and the road noise was extremely loud…all day and all night.  I probably wouldn't stay again only because of the road noise.

Awesome Spot, no doubt

Loyston Point is remarkable in its beauty and simplicity. The staff is warm and helpful, it’s incredibly clean, and the surroundings really allow you to feel the love of East Tennessee’s beauty. It is a bit sandy on some water front sites, so be mindful of that for your gear, and site 12, which we just stayed in, has very little shade if any, though that was ok for us. It was the first camping trip I took my wife and daughter on, and this was the right first place for them. My love of camping and this spot has them both looking for more! We are already booked to go right back to Loyston in just a few short weeks!

Nice place

Stayed Wednesday thru Sunday and was surprised how many people were there. It was a quiet campground close to lots of hiking. The bath house was clean. Our site was pretty level. Close to the pond so we had some mosquitoes Can’t think of anything bad to say

Great hiking and views

We stayed in East campground mid week only 5 sites taken so nice and quiet. Rangers very nice. Bathhouse clean. Beautiful night sky views. Be sure to watch the YouTube video of the building of the dam in the 30's makes you appreciate everything even more. Narrow road to campground.

Nice area, close camping

Melton hill is A nice option for camping that is conveniently located not far from I-75. The Melton Hill dam is a great place to fish. The campground is fairly small, it has hook up sites as well as primitive tent sites, i don’t believe any of the sites have septic hook ups. I had a tent site when I was there, and had to set up

My rooftop tent off the parking lot above my site, but it worked out, so I was overlooking the lake.  The sites have fire rings and concrete picnic tables. The sites with hook ups were all pretty close to each other. However it is very wooded so you do have a feeling of privacy despite being close to your neighbor. The bathrooms were pretty small and I only noticed one shower in each, so plan accordingly. There is a Camp store with essentials, ice, firewood. And the people working in the store were very friendly. The campground is very well taken care off, very clean, and the lake is beautiful, so I do recommend this campground.

Large shaded campsites

I love this campground! The sites are spaced out, large and completely shaded. There are several bathhouses and some include large sinks to wash supplies. There is a boat ramp and parking space for trailers. We will definitely be back here!

Large Private Wooded Lots. Lake on site. Beautiful Place!

Awesome campsite. Large, private and very wooded lots. We got a double lot. G4 are the photos here. Electric and water on site. Clean bathrooms with showers in walking distance. Helpful staff. Stunning views. Great hiking paths. Bring you boats, bikes, kayaks, fishing poles and bathing suits. The water is fantastic! Not a lot around close by to do if your are a tourist. If your here just for the site its Perfect… waterfalls and other tourist sites are 40mins to 2hours away. Also, we did not have one issues with any kind of annoying wildlife. No begging raccoons or skunks (our last site) lol. We'll Be Back!