The best GROUP camping near
Fairfield Glade , TENNESSEE

Most Recent Fairfield Glade Camping Reviews
Nice quiet campground but a bit cramped

This is for the eastern campgrounds. I had spot 4 and 20. Decent campground. Bathroom/shower needs work. No sewer. Decent att LTE coverage. Check pictures for wooden picnic tables. The concrete ones suck. Giant power lines through campground so need to head to dam for scenery.

Absolutely amazing views

We stayed here for 3 nights in section C, was a great experience. Only complaint but not really a complaint, would be the shower/bathroom. Little out dated but works just fine! Hot water worked perfectly. Sites were a little close to eachother but that didn’t bother us any. The hiking was absolutely breathtaking. Tons to do. Gift shop and welcome center was very nice. I would most definitely come to this park again, going to start planning for next year!

OMG! O

We stayed for a few days and as a backpacker, the local hikes are some of the best I have ever seen! I would say most of the hikes are moderate, although some say easy. Grandma couldn’t leisurely walk, or scale some of the trails, so you have been warned. But for able bodied persons, the hikes are all doable. There are quite the variety of hike lengths to choose from, from short and squatty, to full day hikes. I’ll submit some of my favorite shots below. For RVs - I was towing a 21 ft trailer and my site at the bottom of the hill, which was away from other campers, but the grade was ridiculous! I had 6” of block height to level side to side! I heard other complaints from other longer tongue pullers as well, regarding the difficulty getting into their sites. Most of the sites are small, too close to other campers, or too close to the smell of the privies. But if you are hiking the area, I think the stay could be worth some of the hassle. There is a pull through dump station on the loop. There is electric and water. Tent campers - probably have plenty of room to spread out, some with power hookups and the convenience of showers at a central bathhouse. Daytime picnics - a beautifully large area to choose from and see. Lots of selections, all of them very well social distanced, family friendly and shaded with trees. Soooo much to see.

Sufficient

Super nice employees. Campsites very close together.  We had to move from the first because on either side there was no room for our slide outs.  We were very close to I 40 and the road noise was extremely loud…all day and all night.  I probably wouldn't stay again only because of the road noise.

Not Disappeared camping

My boyfriend and I spent one night there in the flat fork tent campsite where we were only separated by a tiny fence from both people on each side no privacy whatsoever we spent the whole night hearing the father yell at his son maybe 5 feet away the other sites in the loop (closer to the office) were even closer together don’t go here if you like the get away from people because you can’t! Also people had no problem walking through our site!

Beautiful location

This campsite is large with multiple sites for tents, campers and RVs. Nice bath house and playground area. The hikes and waterfalls are gorgeous. Well maintained.

Great Campground

Amazing campground, with one of the best hikes around.

Good stay

Overall good place to visit. Some sites are squeezed too close together but there are great sites scattered all throughout the park. It’s a large park with 4 camp loops, hiking is good with the main waterfall worth the walk into the canyon. The park seems well maintained and clean, bath houses were clean and had spacious showers. Only reason I didn’t give a 5 star review is with luck of the draw your site may be a little crowded.

Great hiking and views

We stayed in East campground mid week only 5 sites taken so nice and quiet. Rangers very nice. Bathhouse clean. Beautiful night sky views. Be sure to watch the YouTube video of the building of the dam in the 30's makes you appreciate everything even more. Narrow road to campground.

Nice area, close camping

Melton hill is A nice option for camping that is conveniently located not far from I-75. The Melton Hill dam is a great place to fish. The campground is fairly small, it has hook up sites as well as primitive tent sites, i don’t believe any of the sites have septic hook ups. I had a tent site when I was there, and had to set up

My rooftop tent off the parking lot above my site, but it worked out, so I was overlooking the lake.  The sites have fire rings and concrete picnic tables. The sites with hook ups were all pretty close to each other. However it is very wooded so you do have a feeling of privacy despite being close to your neighbor. The bathrooms were pretty small and I only noticed one shower in each, so plan accordingly. There is a Camp store with essentials, ice, firewood. And the people working in the store were very friendly. The campground is very well taken care off, very clean, and the lake is beautiful, so I do recommend this campground.