Camping in Colonial Estates

Recent Tent Cabins Reviews Near Colonial Estates, Tennessee

389 Reviews of 27 Colonial Estates, Tennessee Campgrounds

Tyler H.The Dyrt PRO User

Awesome experience

The staff was friendly and the park was beautiful. There is a snack shop which is delicious and a general store which was very helpful when I forgot something and thought I would have to go to Walmart. Campsite C is alittle cramped so beware if you have a big tent. Beautiful trails, and don’t miss…

SiteC165
Keith N.

Great place

We had a very large area. The spots were large, and easy to maneuver. The hiking trails are great. They had areas to sit, and enjoy the view. My only complaint was, it’s closeness to I-40. You can hear the traffic. Now it is not overbearing by any means. It is just in the background slightly.…

SiteE-2
TeenaMari M.
Reviewed Jul. 24, 2021

enjoyed but campground use some updates

I enjoyed this little campground, but it could definitely use some updates.  The bathrooms were clean and the showers were nice but a few hooks would be helpful.  Also, I originally reserved site C157 but found it difficult to see how or where I could camp in the spot.  I tent camp and the site is…

SiteArea C Site C159
KThe Dyrt PRO User

Newer KOA?

I'm only guessing that this is a newer campground because most of the sites are on concrete slabs with recently planted saplings. It is in a secluded area and there is a fishing pond.

Site15 (next to a farm with 2 horses)
Hilary A.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 23, 2021

Friendly Marina & Campground

This campground is great for larger groups, as they allow multiple tents/campers per site. Most campsites overlook the lake and have a lovely view of sunset. Only complaint is the amount of trash we picked up upon arrival. The beach access was virtually unusable due to trash everywhere, but we…

TThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 20, 2021

Quiet and friendly campground

It’s a nice campground mainly for campers and RVs in between trees. Our host greeted us very warmly and explained everything to us in detail. There is a pool to use as well and a nice big playground for the kids too. Very nice place to relax! Enjoyed our stay here a lot.

Katherine E.
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2021

Perfect for families, try to time it for fall

My family LOVES camping here. It's clean, very safe, and full of activities that my children love. When fall comes around, you won't see more beautiful trees-- the air is so fresh and it's perfect for recharging. Try to book ahead of time because it's always full (it's that good!)

Katie D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 16, 2021

Serene and much to explore

I love staying here. After full-timing since October, this is the first place we have come back to. The park is so clean, has many trails and you have pretty big spaces available to camp.

Only downfall is that we didn’t have sewer hookup, but that

Decent State Park Canpground

Camp store is right across from tent area entrance. Easy access to most parts of the park. Best trails are on the other side of the river. It rages after a good rain.

Month of VisitApril

A wonderful spot

Perched on the rim and a nexus of trails that will take you to everything you want to see in this part of the park. Short hike in (3 miles from Stone Door lot). Views of canyon in winter.

Month of VisitMarch
Reviewed Jul. 15, 2021

Excellent for a short in/out

Great site right above the falls. A short walk down to a perfect little perch over the top of the falls and the stairs to the bottom. Fee to reserve is nominal and there is a 10% discount for TN residents.

Month of VisitJanuary
SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 13, 2021

Absolutely fantastic

A beautiful and unique campground built I. The side of a rolling hill. All of the sites are cantilevered platforms on the hill. The platforms are heavily engineered so no worries about collapse! The platforms make for very level camping and amazing views. You feel like you are in a tree house. …

• breakfast with a view
  • treetop living
  • what a site
r
Reviewed Jul. 11, 2021

Very pleased

This is a beautiful campground. I really liked that sites were not too close together. Fair warning there is no cell service.

r
Reviewed Jul. 11, 2021

One of my favorites

One of my favorite campgrounds when I’m in the mood for hiking

DThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 10, 2021

Quick stop

We are in our way east and stopped for the night. This place has everything we needed and the staff was nice.

SiteTent no hook ups P3