The best WALK IN camping near
Bolivar , TENNESSEE

Most Recent Bolivar Camping Reviews
Pretty basic campground

Good place to stop on the way to somewhere else. If you’re allergic to poison ivy, watch out. The stuff is everywhere!

Nice basic campground

Park is very pretty but needs some TLC to its facilities. Spoke with Norma when headed to campground and she said a tree had fallen on road to our campsite. Had call in to rangers to clear it. She called us back that afternoon and it was cleared. Our breaker box kept tripping so may have been something wrong with electric hookup. Not crowded at all.

Good stop over but don't stay more than a night...

Was clean-ish, but extremely out of date with a lot of broken and closed amenities. Showed up during open hours, tried to claim our reservation….and there was no one there at all. No staff. No humans. Not being able to register wasn't a problem because we had our pick of sites. Site was in decent shape with power and water. Camped and moved on…

Ice campground , Mississippi need to

Mississippi needs to put some funding behind the park, could be a real gem. Overall we had a great stay and I would recommend the campground.

Basic but nice

This is a pretty basic campsite, but I enjoyed it.

• I'm a tent camper and had to move sites since the one I originally picked didn't have an area for my tent. Make sure you get there by 3ish to check that your site can accommodate a tent and stakes
  • Site had a grill, table and firepit
  • Sites were very close together
  • They were out of firewood to purchase, but you are allowed to bring your own
  • There were a lot of Ole Miss students at the park playing disc golf
  • Bathrooms are pretty old
  • I could hear highway traffic at night, but it wasn't too distracting
  • I would camp here again
Wonderful Halloween park

My wife and I have only camped here once. It won’t be the last time, but we were invited to the halloween get to gether at the park . And we had no idea it was such a big deal. But we drove down and visited and hung around for the festivities and boy was it worth it. Every camp site had wonderful decorations and the kids had such a blast. It was awesome. And the rest of the year it is a quiet getaway.

OVERNIGHT

Stopped here for one night on my way East. Average campground peaceful and quiet. Bathroom could use updating.

Sept 2019

This is a great small park. It's older, not many hook up sites. Ranger was friendly Uses an iron ranger. The park is used and for the most part the patrons do their due diligence. Has several trails

Ranger Review: IceMule Cooler at Chewalla Lake Recreation Area

Campground Review: We live about an hour away from here, so we decided to finally check this place out! I am so glad we finally gave it a chance! The park/recreation area is rustic and not overcrowded. There is a boat ramp and fishing pier for the fishermen/water lovers. At the end of the road, you can find another parking area with day use bathroom. There is a paved trail that passes by a picnic pavilion and playground. The path leads you to a partially covered bridge that crosses over to an island with a picnic table. Lots of people were out fishing and picnicking with their families for the day. The campground seems to be slowly going through some upgrades! That’s always great news! The first couple of sites on your right have fresh gravel, while other sites are still in great shape, but are a little more rustic. Some sites have electric and water hook ups. Each site is clearly marked electric/non electric on the reservation website. We really liked it here and look forward to coming back.

Product Review: Ice Mule Cooler– The Jaunt: This is a great day use cooler! I chose the smaller“Jaunt” style because it has backpack straps, so I can tote it along hands free! While we didn’t use it for our food at the campground due to it’s smaller size, it was perfect to pack up a few drinks to carry over to the lake to go fishing. There is a front zipper pocket that is perfect for my ID and cellphone. I loaded 3 canned drinks and 3 bottled waters plus a small snack and filled it with enough ice to keep the drinks cold. I was able to wear it like a backpack and still carry my fishing bucket and fishing poles without feeling like I was overloaded. The size is also perfect to strap it onto a kayak or stand up paddle board so that you have access to cold drinks/food while out on the water! I love the ice mule and can’t wait to order one of the larger styles!

Not my kind of campground

First, it was impossible to find it. Took about two hours. My gps had me get off highway at wrong exit and then I didn’t know which intersection of 7 and 4 the campground was at. There are two. The area is really pretty, but I didn’t stay the night and just gave up my reservation. There was a sign out front saying that payment was required in the folder at the front but I payed online. That already confused me. No gate, no person at the front. Didn’t seem like the safest area to me either. I was driving trying to find my campsite and then I started itching. A mosquito had gotten in in that 30 seconds I had the window down. Campsite was basically dirt with gullies on the side so it was hard to back out. Trash all near table and fire pit. Swarms of bugs were already attacking my car before I could even stop. I didn’t even walk in the bathrooms to see what they were like. Might be good for day use because the trails looked nice from the road.