Yurts
Hike In
Cedars of Lebanon State Park is located in Tennessee
27 Reviews of Cedars of Lebanon State Park
Hidden gem

My wife and I camped here on February 15 2020. Super easy check in. We traveled in a 29' motorhome. We stayed in section 1, site 22. It was right beside the shower house. It was a pull through site, but it was a little tight. To my surprise I opened the electric pedestal, and there was only 50 amp service. I'm set up for 30 amp, so I had to use an adapter. Keep in mind, while making reservations, section 1 has very small, cramped together sites.
We took a walk around section 2, and section 3. There was a lot more room, and seemed a little more private. I would recommend them over section 1. Wood was available for purchase in small bundles for $6 each cash only. I was actually surprised by how many people were camping in February. I would suggest reserving your spot a bit in advance. We look forward to returning.

Great overnight

Large level sites with some privacy. Bathrooms were super clean. Was able to get groceries and all I needed just 10 mins away

Great time with great friends!

Stayed at Cedars of Lebanon the first weekend of June. The campground was clean although it was a bit crowded and the restroom/shower facilities very well kept. Managed to get in a couple of short hikes in the perfect weather. Hanging our Hennessy hammocks was no problem at our site with plenty of trees. This provided a wonderful nights sleep.

Friendly, comfortable and quiet

We stayed here for the long Presidents Day weekend in a wooded drive through spot with few neighbors. We saw 10 deer one morning and hiked a trail with our 3 boys and 2 dogs. Electric and water hook-ups. Firewood available for cash only. Fire ring with grill and picnic table at our spot.

Presidents’ Day weekend

We stayed here over the long weekend and it was quiet, a nice hike with the dogs and kids. We didn’t have cash and the fire wood was the only thing you could only buy with cash but the ranger was kind to give us some. We had a fire ring and a drive through site.

Friendly, comfortable and quiet

Get ready to explore!

We were only able to stay one night, was a last minute booking. The campsites were clean as were the facilities. We camped with our 3 children, the oldest being 4, they all had a blast exploring the park. Lots to do and see. We will definitely be back!

Nice and easy camping

There is easy access and and plenty of space. Very close to where I live so it a great weekender.

Lovely for hiking and camping with a unique environment

Cedars of Lebanon is a great State Park in middle TN for camping and for day hikes. It has a great pool, and the natural area where it's located features tons of endemic species to the area!

Resort Amenities At A Campground Price

When I happened upon this campground I was pleasantly welcomed by a visitor center and hiking from the moment I entered the park.  But no matter how nice this area was I wasn’t able to even expect what was to come with the camping facility which by far was a surprise to say the least.

I had seen great reviews for this place, like many in Tennessee, but the amenities never seemed to stop when I actually arrived.  From an Olympic sized swimming pool, horse stables, a historic chapel, butterfly garden, playgrounds, picnic areas, hiking trails, nature center and even outdoor recreation fields.  It seemed never ending! There was even a cave, that with special permit you can crawl into and explore!

The spaces were closer together than I might have have normally liked, but everyone was so friendly it didn’t seem to matter.  When I was there, there was an event going on that coming weekend so it was a bit more full than typical week day would have been.

Still despite all the people, it wasn’t loud.  People did not blast music, talk loudly after hours or have generators humming throughout the night.  Instead it was like being in this nice isolated area just with a bunch of neighbors also enjoying the isolation.

I took full advantage of all the outdoor spaces, the only one I didn’t get a chance to enjoy was the pool which was at a point during the season where it was only open on weekends.

I would stay at this site again if passing through.  Reservations are not required but could be helpful on busy weekends like the one I stayed just before.  I do suggest checking into the office also to get a Passport for the State of Tennessee (a small book you can stamp with each stop you make at a state facility).

TIPS:

• Bring your sense of adventure!  Lots of things to do from birdwatching to hiking and everything in between.
  • Sit in the butterfly garden.  The area is so peaceful and beautiful because of the unique selection of plants selected to draw in the butterflies.  It is a perfect place to spend some time in quiet reflection.