Camping in Harrington

Phone number discounted.

Jared J.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jan. 4, 2021

My Happy Place

There isn't much to this campground, but the pines and the drive itself (for me) is what makes it worthwhile.

I live in Lincoln, NE and make an annual (sometimes bi-annual) trek out here to decompress and soak-up the awe-inspiring rolling hills and scenery.

Jesse S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 1, 2020

Red leaf is awesome

Had a great stay at red leaf. We were on a hunt and found this place glad we did.

Sierra W.
Reviewed Oct. 5, 2020

Awesome camping!

A little confusing finding camp grounds because it seems some are dispersed. However, the close sites were nice and had a ton of animals nearby. Aside from the animals, it was quiet and pretty. Had a picnic table and fire pit at each site.

Krissy C.
Reviewed Sep. 18, 2020

Wasn’t impressed...

Gets one star for being right at Badlands. Otherwise had a horrible experience which tends to happen at KOAs. People were rude when we got there early and tried to check in. Told us no spots were open yet and that we would just have to come back later. Went back an hour later and got put in a spot…

Katharine H.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 9, 2020

Beautiful spot tucked away

I visited this campsite over Labor Day weekend. It never filled up, though other people were always there (maybe 1/2-2/3 capacity). No extra/second vehicle fee. There are lots of shady sites, almost all the trees are pines and there's lots of downed, dry wood for campfires. There are two vault…

MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 8, 2020

Merritt Reservoir

Clean campground with lots of beach access

DThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 1, 2020

Great little spot

If you love more primitive sites this may be for you. No hookups. Tents and smaller rigs work best. Tucked away back in the pines with a 1 mile walking/hiking trail. Vault toilets, water, fire rings picnic tables and trash bins. The place did not appear to be taken care of as much as it should but…

WThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 17, 2020

No frills campsite but free

This is a good basecamp for The Badlands 1hr 20mins away, hence 2 stars. It's a park just outside a rodeo arena and across the street from a neighborhood. No water, no bathrooms, no showers, or fire rings. It's easy to get to and easy to find. I got here on a Sunday when it was empty. The spots are…

Valentina H.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 17, 2020

Very clean KOA

Bathrooms are very clean & there are personal showers. Sometimes there can be a line but we didn’t find a problem. We enjoyed our stay & the location was on the edge of the badlands, nothing too far. I would stay here again! The owners were very nice to us

S
Reviewed Aug. 16, 2020

Hidden gem

Basic camping with long drop and right on reservoir. Most of the spots are sandy but found a few on grass. Only one other camper in the campground. Had a family of coyotes close...enjoyed hearing them talking at night and they stayed away from camp.

Macel C.
Reviewed Aug. 15, 2020

Nice little hole in the wall!

Very friendly spot. A little ways away from the main viewing of the Bad lands NP but great place to get away from the busy park.

Olaf I.
Reviewed Jul. 31, 2020

Last minute

Booked last minute a 20amp site, unfortunately hook up was on the wrong site which was not very convenient. Very strict owners, had my vehicle slightly on the grass and was told that I had to move it. Otherwise good campground.

PThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 29, 2020

Location, Location!

Talk about the name fitting the spot. Located right next to the Badlands Park. The scenery is out of this world! The KOA is clean and well kept. Don’t plan to have a lengthy cell call. The staff is great and the store is stocked!