Equestrian
Water Unknown
About Buffalo Gap National Grassland

This area is divided into two areas located in southern South Dakota.  One area is south and northeast of Hot Springs and the other is south and west of Wall.  There are few developed recreation sites, but plenty of space for all kinds of recreational opportunities.

USDA Forest Service
Contact
Buffalo Gap National Grassland is located in South Dakota
4 Reviews of Buffalo Gap National Grassland
Peaceful

Haven’t seen anyone else out here. It’s deafeningly quiet, except for the animals.

Beautiful View

This is a one of a kind campsite! It had the most beautiful view. Driving in we didn't think we would get a spot because there were already so many campers, but there were still so many spots left. It is a huge campsite! The only scary part was how windy it was because we were camping on a cliff, but there is parking further away from the cliff! There is a fence at the entrance that you have to open and close when entering. I would definitely stay here again!

spectacular

Dry camped at Buffalo Gap National Grassland just south of Wall South Dakota off of 240. Plenty of space with flat ground for tent or RV. Spectacular view and right by I90 for easy access. Would definitely stay here again.

Fantastic.

Buffalo everywhere. They aren’t afraid so be careful - one nearly started chasing us. Thankfully we were in our car. I approached one with my camera and got some cool pics. Did get a spider bite while we were there but didn’t get sick.