The best BOAT IN camping near
Indian Hills , SOUTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Indian Hills Camping Reviews
Perfect

We have stayed here a total of 3 times, twice with out tent and once with our squaredrop. The Bluet site is our favorite, it's close to the bathroom but also feels very private. There is a small waterfall on the property which is worth the hike.

The surrounding area is slap full of things to do. Make sure to keep an eye out for white squirrels while in town. If there is the summer be sure to check out Sliding Rock, it is so refreshing on a warm summers day.

The owners of the campground are absolutely amazing and very hands on with everything.

Everything you could want

I was born in SC and my parents retired just across the NC state line. I have camped most of my life. I am ashamed to say this was my first time here, but it won't be my last. Fishing, hiking, kayaking, swimming, birding. All that combined with quiet serenity. The host was wonderful. The bathrooms were dated, but clean. Hot Showers. You are also within a short drive to Travelors Rest or about 45 min - 1 hr to Greenville. Greenville. SC. A great day trip. Ashville is also worth a drive to visit Biltmore.

Awesome campground run by the NICEST family

I have brought family here, planned a girls trip here, planned just nice getaways here.. etc. And I'll keep on coming back because this camping spot is incredible for the cabin or the rv camping experience. The sites are well spaced. The grounds are well planned. Everyone is so nice. It is just awesome out here.

Upper Hemlock Falls/Clarksville

From the parking lot you cross the creek 200 yards pass Hemlock and go 3.2 miles to the Upper Hemlock Falls and at the top of the waterfall there’s about 3 o 4 camping spots.

Calhoun Falls, SC Site 86

We stayed one night at Calhoun Falls, SC site 86. The site is the first one in the second grouping of campsites directly across from the camp host. Site 86 is a pull-through. There are 12 steps down to a lower level picnic table and fire pit area. There is a short path down to the water.

There is 30amp power available as well as household style 110. The 30amp power seemed to be a little finicky.

The camp host's dog barked for several hours after our arrival which was not very relaxing. During the barking, the camp host decided it was time to run a leaf blower for a while. So we decided to take a walk.

We liked the walking paths and the public fishing pier.

There is a rail line that crosses the lake. We heard the train horn a couple times that night. Dogs, leaf blowers, trains … not the relaxing weekend we had hoped for.

Security seemed a bit lax. There were several cases of motorcycles and show cars, maybe lost boaters come in an out of the camp area at all hours.

The dump station was in bad enough shape that we did not feel it would be in our best health to use it (see picture).

We probably will not go back even though this is not too far from home.

Very beautiful campground

I camped here with a friend and the dogs. The road is a steep grade up to the campground. There are several overlooks on the way. The campsites have a firepit, picnic bench - and table, and a lantern pole. Some of the sites were not very private and more open without shade. We were in number 15 and it was in our opinion the best one. Trees and bushes on 3 sides. The bathroom was very clean and well maintained. The campground has a little trading post at the entrance. Unfortunately it was closed on the weekend. You could still pick up firewood. It was walking distance to several hiking trails. Due to a lot of rain, we spent our Saturday downtown Clayton, which is just about 10 minutes from the campground and definitely worth a visit. We would camp here anytime again.

Great fun!

My family of four stayed here for 3 nights and loved it, even though it rained a little. There is the Stumphouse tunnel and a waterfall nearby that are a lot of fun too. My daughter enjoyed paddleboats and mini golf. The prices were great for activities. We would love to come here again.

Private and spacious family campground

One of my favorite places! Campground 2 is the first to fill up! Safe and fun! Huge sites with wonderful scenery.  Clean bathhouses! Laundry on site. Friendly staff. Great for kids & pets! No full hook up yet. Cell signal spotty depending on site.

Peaceful serenity

Have waited six months into our RV life to start reviews for fair comparisons. Spent 5 nights. This was our introduction to ACE campgrounds and we were sold right away. Huge site right on the lake. So peaceful. Not a whole lot to do in the park (fine by me, happy to stare at a lake) but nice long walk to the dam, some reasonable mountain biking quick drive away.

Hidden gem of South Carolina

Have waited six months into our RV life to start reviews for fair comparisons. Spent 4 nights here. Mortified to say that this was our first time here despite living in Charleston, SC for over 10 years. What a gem! Fabulous solid hiking including waterfalls and biking even around the park’s roads. Love the feel of this campground. Living in the forest. And one of the most friendly camp hosts we have encountered. Could easily have stayed here longer.