The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Hampton , SOUTH CAROLINA

Camping South Carolina Hampton Standard (Tent/RV)

Most Recent Hampton Camping Reviews
Nice park

Stayed 10 days in site 20 with our 39ft 5th wheel. Overview: The park is very clean and well kept. On weekends it was packed, Weekdays 1/2 capacity and quiet. There is access to the Edisto River for swimming, canoeing and kayaking. Park is in the boonies but within an hours ride to Charleston and many nice tourist spots. All sites are sand and some crushed stone. Outer ring sites are divided by foliage. Inner sites are much closer together and back to back.
Cons: Our site was listed as 45x75. We were lucky if it was 25x47. It also had a tree in the middle of it making it tight to back in the 5th wheel toy hauler. Their site descriptions need to be updated on their website. No cell service or wifi. MOSQUITOES!! We couldn't sit outside due to the little vampires. They did spray pesticide at 1 am 2 nights before we left. However, they didn't warn us they were doing so. So anyone with windows open or in tents breathed it in. If you're allergic to poison ivy be careful. It's everywhere including the sites.
Overall its a nice place to stay for a short visit. Bring lots of bug spray.

Pleasant and relaxing

Quiet campground, mostly RVs but nice spots for tent camping! Electric and water hookups for all sites, and they sell firewood and ice on site as well (on an honors system after the office closes). Nice pond with boardwalk in the center of the campground, and lots of space for dog walking. Very clean restrooms. Close to Hunting Island. We loved Superior Coffee for coffee and breakfast, and Shrimp Shack for lunch. Had a great time with our two dogs on their first camping trip! We are local to Beaufort and will definitely be back.

Great Camp Ground

Family always enjoys this campground! Beautiful spot, historic and the staff is wonderful.

My standard

I've been to several different campgrounds since I started camping with my son about 6 years ago. This is the campground I compare them all to. We visit every summer. Never have a problem with reserving a site. They don't charge me until I arrive. It's never been crowded or dirty or unpleasant ( even when it rained!). It's nothing fancy…no spa, no pool, no tacky store. But it's easy to find, has a lovely boardwalk running through it, and is less than 3 miles from a well preserved revolutionary war fort, secret beach, and some of the best oysters and shrimp I have ever, ever eaten ( and since I'm a sous chef that is saying a lot!). It's surrounded by oaks and history, and huge tomato farms. It's, to me, everything good about a summer getaway!! Can't wait to go back!!

Easy stop over

Easy stop over for a night or two. Right off of I95. Next to a major road, so there is car/truck noise during the day. None of the sites are private, so I wouldn’t call this a “destination” campground. Great if you want to fish and kayak the Edisto River!

The bathrooms are very clean and air conditioned. Sites are all very clean with power, water, picnic table, and fire ring. There are nicely spaced out trees, so if you have a hammock, bring it. Didn’t have mosquito issues, but beware there are a lot of ants and they bite!!

Best sites are 6, 8, and 9. We camped in site 10.

Peaceful, but limited

We enjoyed our walks around the lake with the dog, but there wasn't much more to do. The pool was open, but you had to sign up for a time slot (because of COVID) and there wasn't much nearby to do. We drove into Hilton Head Island from there and enjoyed the day out there. The sites were to tight to enjoy playing outside, and the mini-golf was closed due to COVID.

Colleton State Park

We enjoyed this nice quiet state park.

Great stop on our way up or down I95.

Convenient to the interstate, Clean, good size sites, pool, laundry and outdoor activities (walking trail, kayaking, tetherball). We will stay again on our way through. At $55 a night (stayed on a Friday) it’s not the cheapest option.

Wonderful Campground and Park

We camped here back in the spring. Hiked, paddle boated, saw some gators, got some nice photos. Sites were clean, well laid out. It was a fun weekend. Staff was friendly.

A nice place for river tubing enthusiasts

We spent a lovely weekend at Givhans State Park. It's definitely a small park, and its big draw is its location on the Edisto River, with lovely river-tubing to boot.

We stayed in the tent sites, which have water and electricity at each site. There is a central parking area, and then you must carry in your stuff to your site. Ours, T-28, was one of the first, and from the closest parking spot, it was 200 steps along flat ground (just to give you an idea).

The tent sites are right behind the only public restroom, which means that the restroom gets filthy after a day of the river-goers going in and out. There is only an outdoor shower. You can walk into the RV loop to get a larger, cleaner, and more private restroom with showers.

The only trash dump we could find (apart from the small cans in the restrooms) is located just off the entrance of the park. The park has a strong WiFi signal at the main house/office, but the rest of the park doesn't get WiFi and barely any cell service. The staff keeps the park clean and it's very pleasant, especially on weekdays! Don't forget the bug spray! And steer clear of the poison ivy, which is everywhere.