The best TENT SITES camping near
Estill , SOUTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Estill Camping Reviews
Pleasant and relaxing

Quiet campground, mostly RVs but nice spots for tent camping! Electric and water hookups for all sites, and they sell firewood and ice on site as well (on an honors system after the office closes). Nice pond with boardwalk in the center of the campground, and lots of space for dog walking. Very clean restrooms. Close to Hunting Island. We loved Superior Coffee for coffee and breakfast, and Shrimp Shack for lunch. Had a great time with our two dogs on their first camping trip! We are local to Beaufort and will definitely be back.

Five stars aren’t enough

Our five day stay is not long enough!This place is fabulous in every way. It’s huge, but feels very homey because of the layout and beautifully lush landscaping. The sites are incredible. Spacious, level, immaculate and private. The location is perfect…accessible to everything. We rode our bikes to the beach, the marina, restaurants, Starbucks, Publix, shops, etc. The community is gated, the staff is amazingly friendly and helpful. We are already looking at dates to come back for a longer stay. It is on the expensive side, but worth every penny.

Great Camp Ground

Family always enjoys this campground! Beautiful spot, historic and the staff is wonderful.

Glamping

We loved this resort. It was definitely glamping so a splurge but worth it! The staff went above and beyond and the community is beautiful. Amazing bike paths too.

My standard

I've been to several different campgrounds since I started camping with my son about 6 years ago. This is the campground I compare them all to. We visit every summer. Never have a problem with reserving a site. They don't charge me until I arrive. It's never been crowded or dirty or unpleasant ( even when it rained!). It's nothing fancy…no spa, no pool, no tacky store. But it's easy to find, has a lovely boardwalk running through it, and is less than 3 miles from a well preserved revolutionary war fort, secret beach, and some of the best oysters and shrimp I have ever, ever eaten ( and since I'm a sous chef that is saying a lot!). It's surrounded by oaks and history, and huge tomato farms. It's, to me, everything good about a summer getaway!! Can't wait to go back!!

Easy stop over

Easy stop over for a night or two. Right off of I95. Next to a major road, so there is car/truck noise during the day. None of the sites are private, so I wouldn’t call this a “destination” campground. Great if you want to fish and kayak the Edisto River!

The bathrooms are very clean and air conditioned. Sites are all very clean with power, water, picnic table, and fire ring. There are nicely spaced out trees, so if you have a hammock, bring it. Didn’t have mosquito issues, but beware there are a lot of ants and they bite!!

Best sites are 6, 8, and 9. We camped in site 10.

Colleton State Park

We enjoyed this nice quiet state park.

Great stop on our way up or down I95.

Convenient to the interstate, Clean, good size sites, pool, laundry and outdoor activities (walking trail, kayaking, tetherball). We will stay again on our way through. At $55 a night (stayed on a Friday) it’s not the cheapest option.

Wonderful Campground and Park

We camped here back in the spring. Hiked, paddle boated, saw some gators, got some nice photos. Sites were clean, well laid out. It was a fun weekend. Staff was friendly.

The perfect place to relax during the hot SC summer

This campground is a breath of fresh air and my new favorite campground. The park is clean and so are the bathrooms! The sites are spacious and if you get site 11 during the week, you might be the only ones in a large section of the camp.  The cheaper sites (the non-"full service" ones) still have electricity and water.  The bugs seem to be under control here, too.

There are at least 8 geocaches, a self-led park BINGO, a swimming beach, paddleboat rentals, fishing ponds stocked with catfish, and a tackle loaner program. Note that the park office is only open from 11a-noon and 4-5p. The rangers are super-friendly.

If you get a chance to go to nearby Blackville, make sure to dine at Miller's Bread-Basket, an Amish-Mennonite restaurant with a Southern touch.