Camping in Delta

101 Reviews of 12 Delta, South Carolina Campgrounds

Randel B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 24, 2021

Not 4 old people

U have 2 walk in thay said 20 minutes. Took us 2 hours . it is primitive . but beutifull check out Grammy and pappy at it again on YouTube

Jennifer M.
Reviewed May. 14, 2021

I love it

I loved everything

Sitea
Adam W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 12, 2021

Beautiful grounds, great facilities

My brother and I went for our first camping trip. The lake was beautiful and clear, the grounds and trails on the park were quaint and well kept, and the bathroom facilities were clean and inviting. We had a great time and met some wonderful people, I highly recommend this spot!

SiteCampground 1
bThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 28, 2021

Excellent park with a great mountain bike trail

This park has been used for the SC State Championship race for mountain biking numerous times. The trails are challenging for expert riders, but also good for beginners.

HThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 28, 2021

Very nice campground!

Though the sites are stone that is so over shadowed by the great views of the lake, nice little camp store. Nice tall trees to help cool, come summer. There is a concrete walkway along the lake shore with a few large swings at it’s edge. The walkway leads to a fishing dock. E, W, dump station

Rachael H.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 18, 2021

Kings mountain National military park

Sweet little 4 mile hike back to a primitive camping area. There is one designated area but we passed a few campsite scattered along other areas of the trail. The National park sits back-to-back with the state park and is joined by a nice trail.

Siteprimitive camp area
RThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 18, 2021

Great place for a stop.

Not too far off of I-26 about a half mile down a well-maintained gravel road. Plenty of level campsites. Two out houses that seem to be cleaned about once a week. Fire pits and picnic tables at most campsites.

K
Reviewed Apr. 13, 2021

Basic state campground.

Hiking trails. No sewer hook ups but water and electric which is standard for SC state parks. It is in the middle of town and nothing to really see.

m
Reviewed Mar. 31, 2021

Pleasantly Surprised

We stayed here for a weekend in March 2021 and were surprised at how much we liked it. There are lots of trails close to the campground with one around a lake and a stream off of it. Facilities were very well maintained. Only downside not all lots level and some stumps that were hard to manuver…

Layla T.
Reviewed Mar. 19, 2021

Beautiful scenery

I've been going to this place since I was a kid. It's grown tremendously over the years and it's lost it's campground appeal with all the fancy things they have put in place of the woods, still a beautiful place.

Josh B.
Reviewed Mar. 11, 2021

Overall a Good Experience

Took the new pop-up to Kings Mountain State Park this past weekend and had a great time. The sites are pretty close together, but we still had adequate room to spread out. Each site has water, 30 amp electric, a picnic table, and a fire pit ring. Our site was a pull-through, but the majority of…

Allyse The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Feb. 18, 2021

Met our needs

Very well taken care of campground. Vault toilet was clean. There are a couple pull-through spots. We were the only campers there. $5 a spot.

PThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jan. 23, 2021

Very nice, secluded area.

Our first camping, and in December, no less. Few campers, but spacious sites. I collect local fallen tree limbs to burn. Lots of them around! Great hiking trails, but most bike trails closed because of a bridge failure. I would return in an instant.

MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jan. 8, 2021

Better than Thought

Easy access from I26. Spent a week here and really enjoying it. Has 21 spots. All have legal gravel pads, fire rings with grill bars. Vault toilets clean and trash containers serviced. Within good driving distance to larger towns. Access for bigger rigs too. Ranger Bob was here and talked to him.…

Bridget H.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Dec. 9, 2020

Beautiful and Close to the City

This park is beautiful and has plenty to do. I love the hiking and biking trails. The campground is in a beautiful setting of pines. The sites are all close to the bathrooms and have a nice amount of space. The park itself has a sprayground and a lake where you can rent paddle boats or canoes. …