The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
Dalzell , SOUTH CAROLINA

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Dalzell Camping Reviews
Great place to camp!

Hosts were super nice, even when we got in late. Was wonderful to wake up and see the horses. Also dog friendly which is a plus.

Great staff, cozy park

Arrived here for two nights in the tent after Myrtle Beach. Site 46 is not terribly even, but it's well situated inside the loop. The park is clean, the tent pad is a good size, and the amazing aroma of pine is one of the natural highlights. Unfortunate that the camp store closes at 5 pm. So one must drive to Publix for firewood. The closest Walmart has $2 ice bags.

A great place to get away!

This is a great place for quiet, no frills camping. There are 7 camping areas, 5 of which have camping shelters. Sites 3 & 4 only have picnic tables and trash barrels. All sites except for site 7 are easily accessible with most vehicles. Site 7's entryway was washed out and had some large holes that would benefit from higher clearance and 4WD.

We stayed in site 1B and had no issue finding a spot by the water in our 22' travel trailer. Sites are well dispersed and we only saw a few other campers all weekend. We will definitely stay here again.

We will be back!

Even though we had a few rainy days we could see the beauty of this park. Clean heated restrooms in Winter is a bonus. Lots of things to do for all ages. Helpful and friendly staff.

Needs improvements

Not a big rig friendly area. Our site was 30 amp, no sewer. I backed in the way I was told to and realized our water and electric were on the curb side. Had I known this ahead of time, I could have maybe pulled in another way. The service from another site was less than 3 feet from my power inlet to the camper. I called to make sure it would be ok to plug in there and they said no, even though no one used that site. The bathhouse was well below standards and really just unusable. I’ll pick another place if I’m ever in the area again.

In the middle of Columbia SC

Built to celebrate the Sesquicentennial of South Carolina in the 30’s . At one time on the furthest outskirts of Columbia SC. It is now firmly in the muddle of the Metro area. Plenty of trailer sites. Tent site and primitive camping. Has recreational areas. Restaurants and shopping nearby

Shaded woodlands

Really nice shaded campground and very reasonably priced. Clean bathhouse. Stand was unpacked but level! Staff were friendly and very welcoming. Only spent the night so did not have time to enjoy the trails or the lake.

Awesome place

I love going to this campground, I enjoy doing the trails and spotting dear. And there is a small water play area for children. They have paddle boats also.

Nice Park. Not great for large RV’s

It’s a nice park with great amenities. The splash pad up front is awesome for kids.

Our only complaint is that most sites are very uneven. If you have a large camper/RV it may be tough to get your rig level. That being said site #21 worked well for our 40 foot fifth wheel. We had to use some blocks and a few attempts, but were able to make it happen.

Also, if your camper is over 25 feet I wouldn’t even bother booking a site on the second loop. It is pretty tight back there.

Primitive, yet plentiful

Awesome primitive little get away, with beautiful views. Rustic stone and wood shelters. Ponds for fishing. Far away from city lights so great for stargazing.