About George Washington State Area
Hike In
George Washington State Area is located in Rhode Island
8 Reviews of George Washington State Area
Nice, but...

Pros: Nice campground with big private spots. Nice bathhouse with pay showers. Pretty, man made lake with a beach area for swimming and paddling. Cons: no hook-ups yet it cost $36 for out of state residents plus the fees which put it up to $44. Also only one bathhouse so port-a-potties along the road. Another thing we found was that the park staff here and elsewhere in RI were very lacking in knowledge about basically anything. Overall a nice place but pricey for anyone but RI residents.

Lots of things to do

There is a nice beach for children. The water was warm and clean. You can kayak or canoe. The dogs cannot go on the beach, but they can go in the boats. I stayed at a hike in camp site. It is a difficult hike in and I only recommend for backpackers. It is very noisy, the road has heavy traffic. I was disappointed that I picked a hike in site and it sounded like I was camped on the side of a highway.

The staff was young and not friendly. They weren’t really rude per say, but they had no personal interaction skills. They all looked like they hated being there. Typical millenial attitude.

The new bathrooms are great! Lots of things to do in the area as well. Great food nearby.

Nice!

Has great hiking trails going around some lakes. Clean showers

Beautiful campground

ThIs is a lovely campground with a beautiful beach, new pay shower and bathrooms. We enjoyed swimming and fishing.

tentsite

beautiful place to stay for the night. quiet and secluded.

State park

Big open sites, really quiet, great place to relax and hike

Great for multi family camping

We stayed for two nights with twelve families with twenty kids under the age of 8. The campground was safe, nicely laid out so we could have a series of sites next to one another. Biking was a blast for the kids along with trail hike around pond, beach, and fishing. Bathrooms were new and convenient. Was a nice get away, and only ten minutes from a grocery store. We will go back for sure next summer.

Everything I look for

My family and I come here twice a season it's quiet it's calm and never crowded. There's fishing and hiking right in the park