The best YURTS camping near
Timberly Heights , PENNSYLVANIA

Most Recent Timberly Heights Camping Reviews
Great campground with fantastic lakefront sites!

Overall this is a pretty nice campground. There are a small handful of electric only sites(30a), but the bulk of them are dry. The campground is located on a peninsula on Shenango River Lake. A large number of them are on the lake providing a nice area to beach your boat or kayaks. There are several playgrounds for the kiddos. There is also a boat launch on site. The lake is not horsepower limited either. Nice paved roads throughout. Most sites are level gravel.

Not free

This campground is not free. It was $28 for a non-electric site and I believe I was told it was almost $40 for a site with an electric hookup. There's a picnic table and fire ring at each site, and mine had a hammock post, but I'm not sure if they all do. There are trails and fishing so plenty to do. Fairly sparse in April but a lot of people still driving and walking by. Alcohol prohibited

Perfect Spot to Explore McConnell's Mill

Breakneck is a private campground on the edge of the McConnell’s Mill State Park. They offer RV sites, tent camping and cabins. The tent camping is either grassy, flat sites or on an elevated timber platform overlooking a gorge. They also offer walk-in tent sites down by the creek which are beautiful.

We were lucky enough to be able to to camp down by the stream. There are designated fireplaces. It is quite a walk up the hill to the campground amenities, but worth it to feel secluded down by the creek. From our campsite we walked along the creek into McConnells Mill State Park and joined the covered bridge trail. Approx. 30min walk along the creek down into McConnells Mill State Park.

The campground sells firewood and has great amenities. Note: there is no phone reception at the tent sites by the creek. They welcome fury friends!

Nice place but horrid visitors

I was here the Friday of Labor day weekend. The woman who took my reservation was great and the grounds were nice. They had several options including tent sites in a large open area, some areas that were a little more secluded, lean-to, RV parking and tent platforms which was where i landed.. The 2 stars is due to the fact i was surrounded by people who were beyond drunk,obnoxious and extremely loud which is fine its all a part of camping right? They were hanging out playing there music when i first arrived about 6 and i can appreciate some good fun and music! (but how much Johnny Cash can one handle?) They then moved onto some less appealing tunes which i do not have children but there were plenty riding their bikes by so I'm sure mom had to explain some words that evening. Nothing was done regardless of the vulger lyrics but i figured what do i know I'm not a parent! I had been traveling for days so i was exhausted and managed to fall asleep only to be woken around 11:00 by several people across the way having a blast laughing and yelling which went until 2am and a couple next to me screaming and arguing at each other until 3am.. Quiet time 10:00? At least tone it down! No one addressed the situation. So if you like to hang out and party it up this is a great place. If your looking for a family oriented camping experience maybe not so much..

Beautiful campground, quiet, not to crowded…..

Comfy camping!

Nice simple, small campground sites are for everyone, RV to tent, older bathhouses but clean. Swimming pool and lake for fishing and boating!

What a gem!

What a special stat we had! So close to the McConnells Mill trails, gorgeous deck spot above the gorge and low key vibe to the campground overall. I cannot believe it took us this long to stay here!

Cute and quiet weeknight

My daughter and I came through here on our way from Michigan to Virginia. I think it was a Thursday night. It was quiet and beautiful. The host did seem to be expecting a crazy weekend, but we didn’t stay to find out. We camped in a lower loop with platforms overlooking the hill. There was a clean port a potty near our site. We didn’t explore much else but I believe the river would have only been a short walk/drive away. The overall vibe was clean, safe, and beautiful. They collected payment at night by visiting the sites. I did not see sites near water or a playground that are featured in other photos (but perhaps I did not look hard enough?).

Great campground with plenty to do for the kids

This was our first time staying at this Jellystone as we usually go to Mill Run instead.  This park is about half the size of the Mill Run Jellystone but is packed with activities for the kids with some paid and some free.

Nice large generally wooded sites and a paved road bike riding goes through the entire camp.  The staff were polite, helpful, and great with our family.  Overall a great experience and we'll definitely be back.

Awesome area tucked into a wooded hillside.

I camped in the Hillside Loop (Dog Friendly).  Not a bad walk to the lake.  Site was reasonable leave and plenty of room for my 32 foot Motor home and car.