The best GROUP camping near

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent Tide Camping Reviews
I would go back

I would go back. Our site was secluded and protected from other sites. We were very close to the state park and all activities there.

An Oasis off the Interstate

A very nice campground that I'll go back to if I'm ever in the area. I could get around with my huge fifth wheel but it was still very thickly treed the way I like them. I couldn't get my trailer level on the site so that was a problem but one that a smaller trailer might not have. Lots of noise off the PA Turnpike but what do you expect when it's right off the interstate. This is a great waystation.

An Oasis off the Interstate

A very nice campground that I'll go back to if I'm ever in the area. I could get around with my huge fifth wheel but it was still very thickly treed the way I like them. Lots of noise off the PA Turnpike but what do you expect when it's right off the interstate. This is a great waystation.

Very Quite Campground

We stayed here with a group and had plenty of space in the grassed tent area. There was a fire ring per site and we felt very private. The swimming pool was great. The amenities are Basic but functional. Not a busy campground, only one other tent the weekend we were there. A number of permanent Trailers. Close to the highway so expect some noise.

Awesome

Awesome owners,quiet place to relax. Tent site was nice and conveniently located next to the bathhouse

Plenty of activities and located right on the Youghiogheny River

We stayed here in October after the pools were closed for the year but they had plenty of great activities including crafts for the kids and trick or treating which was a blast.  We would have preferred to be right on the riverfront sites but they had been booked up most of the year so it was still nice to be able to finally get into this campground which won 2020 KOA Campground of the year.

They also had a DJ and costume contest as well which was a very fun time.  Our only complaint is the sites that aren't on the river are a bit tight and packed in but booking out far enough ahead should solve that.  Trash pickup at your site was a nice added bonus as well and this is located right on the Great Allegheny Passage Bike Trail as well.  We'll be back for sure.

Nice Campground

We rented space 16 late August 2020 and our friends (and their kids) rented #17 on the inner circle, right next to us with the playground right behind us. Great spots! Our kids were within easy eye and earshot of the playground. We had 30A electric and fresh water (no sewer). Our picnic table was (nearly) brand new composite material and easy to move around. The host was right across from us and very friendly. The campground also had a nice shower just a few spots from us and my wife said it was clean with large stalls. The lake level was high because of the dam nearby so fishing was non-existent, but it was peaceful and pleasant. Verizon cell coverage was 2 bars, at best. Don’t follow the GPS directions because it will take you down a wrong road and around to the main road. Instead, stay on Bush Road all the way to the campground entrance site. One of our favorite spots this season. Worth a repeat. I’d give it 5 stars if it had a sewer hookup.

Great, spacious, clean campground!

Hickory Hollow's campsites were nicely spaced out, perched on a hillside, but with nice flat pads.  The lake and farm country provided a welcoming and relaxing setting.  The trail around the lake was perfect for running or walking.  A small but convenient off-leash dog area was also a wonderful amenity.  And last but definitely not least, the bathhouse was clean and easy to access.  Would definitely stay here again.

It’s okay

Nice sites with great hookups. Not a lot of trees in the middle, a LONG way off the road and not a lot of stuff to do without driving pretty far.

Prince Gallitzin SP

A huge park and packed to the brim with campers. Even on a Sunday evening. Parkee told me that normal summer get about 90 to 95% capacity, but with Covid they are surpassing that even during the week. Lucky to get a spot.

Fairly level, shaded sites, ours with electricity. ATT & Verizon signal were usable. Big lake for water sports & fishing. Would return again when it is less crowded. Easy to maneuver roads even for larger rigs.