Camping in Mississippi River Headwaters - Leech Lake

THE BEST Boat-In CAMPING NEAR

Mississippi River Headwaters - Leech Lake, Pennsylvania

Recent Boat-In Reviews Near Mississippi River Headwaters - Leech Lake, Pennsylvania

129 Reviews of 26 Mississippi River Headwaters - Leech Lake, Pennsylvania Campgrounds

NThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 26, 2021

Neat campground but sketchy bathrooms

The sites are very cool at this campground. They are very spacious and help you feel closer to nature. The bathrooms are very bad though

Month of VisitOctober
Joann&WellsThePup I.
Reviewed Jul. 14, 2021

Quiet camping

Beautiful primitive campground (tent only). Get a site on the outside towards the water. They are spaced out and peaceful. Has restrooms (no shower), picnic table, and fire pit at each site. Short walk to creek and beautiful pond.

Sitewalk-in site
SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 12, 2021

Peaceful and remote

It was fun trying to use maps along with gps to find our way to the campground. There is zero cell service/WiFi at the park, or for at least 5-10 miles from it. The sites are clean, flat, and spaced nicely on the northwest end, but a little too open and feels crowded on the eastern end. Bathrooms…

Site#16
Megan B.
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Nothing to write home about

In terms of PA State Parks, this one is ok. There is a pool (with a fee) that is pretty nice. The campground is small and functional. Would stay here again but not something I would seek out.

John K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 8, 2021

Laid back

Nice little campground. Very quiet. Sites are generously sized. Roads are paved. The lake is very small with a swimming beach area.

N
Reviewed Jun. 25, 2021

Important information please read

Unfortunately I had to cancel my reservation last minute due to a medical emergency. I was truly looking forward to going to this campground because of all the great reviews. I had to leave a message to cancel. I was contacted my Jason from the campground and was told that none of my money would…

DThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 22, 2021

Close to Williamsport

This was a nice campground to stay at when in the Williamsport area. Only issue I had was the sites next to the parking lot are a little too close together and the parking lot itself gets over run by cars coming into the restaurant. Was a little difficult pulling out with the trailer to leave on a…

SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 20, 2021

Nice large sites

Sites are on 2 loops. The sites have a decent amount of space between them so you are not on top of each other. Picnic tables and fire rings at each site. Not a lot of trees so many sites are in the direct sun. There is a mix of 50 and 30 amp, some sites with water, some without. Very quiet. I…

Site37 oak loop
CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 17, 2021

No pets

Only knock is this section of the campground is not for pet owners, but it’s not completely obvious when making a reservation. So, we stayed with our pups and didn’t get in trouble but felt weird for breaking the rules that we didn’t know about before arriving 🤷‍♂️

PThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 13, 2021

Good for overnight stay

I found the one star review to be unfair. They didn’t even stay here. We found the host personable and helpful. The park itself is OK for an overnight stay. Not much to offer longer term stays. Sites were well spaced and wooded. Full hookups. Nice play ground for kids. Bathrooms just OK.

SiteOvernight spaces no number
H
Reviewed Jun. 8, 2021

Cute, family oriented campground

They have games for the kids, a small playground, bingo games for the adults, movie nights, clean outhouse restrooms, and a nice atmosphere. I would definitely camp here again.

AdventureStang The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 22, 2021

No service

We pulled in to camp for the weekend, nice location right on the creek. I work online so service is a must. Initial thoughts were, clean quiet, not very secluded, if we didn’t need phone service it would have been perfect place to camp

DThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 11, 2021

Beautiful campground and state park

This state park is incredibly beautiful. Tail pine and hemlock trees separate the spacious campsites. Bathrooms are spotless clean. Friend Friendly park staff. Swimming, hiking, MTB trail.

Mark S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 28, 2021

Great weekend getaway

Clean grounds, well kept, enjoyable trip for the whole family. Will definitely be back.

SiteV11
BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 25, 2021

Great spot

Its an amazing little quite camping ground. Super clean. Lots of easy hiking trails and tons of fishing.