Camping in Mineral Springs

88 Reviews of 11 Mineral Springs, Pennsylvania Campgrounds

CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 17, 2021

No pets

Only knock is this section of the campground is not for pet owners, but it’s not completely obvious when making a reservation. So, we stayed with our pups and didn’t get in trouble but felt weird for breaking the rules that we didn’t know about before arriving 🤷‍♂️

A
Reviewed Jun. 16, 2021

Family fun!

Nice clean and quiet campground. The address online took us to the ranger station. Turn left BEFORE bridge. Couldn’t see sign from the road. The section we were in was “no pets allowed”. My kids loved the beach, swimming was not deep. Beach was big with adjacent playground. Lots of pavilions all…

• beach
  • walking from campground
  • playground adjacent to beach
J
Reviewed Jun. 16, 2021

One of my favorite state parks

The campground is well kept and spacious. The sites are nice and level. The camp store is one of the best!

PThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 13, 2021

Good for overnight stay

I found the one star review to be unfair. They didn’t even stay here. We found the host personable and helpful. The park itself is OK for an overnight stay. Not much to offer longer term stays. Sites were well spaced and wooded. Full hookups. Nice play ground for kids. Bathrooms just OK.

SiteOvernight spaces no number
J
Reviewed May. 31, 2021

Nice local park

Duman lake review notes.

• Well-maintained small park, stocked lake, popular with local fisherman. Kayaking/small boat fishing. I’ve seen bald eagle and osprey.
  • Six campsites, w/mature trees, level, w/paved drive & gravel area, large enough for mid-sized RVs. They state 40 ft., but all are…
Noah R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 13, 2021

Very clean and helpful camp. Too bad the fishing isn’t the best at yellow creek national park.

DThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 25, 2021

Nice & quiet, close to elk.

Nice PA state park campground and close enough to Benezette (elk) with a short (30 minutes) car ride.

Lots of good hiking. The lake’s nice. Facilities are modern and clean.

Cell service is spotty.

Sitenon-electric.
Month of VisitApril
Cassia  M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 10, 2021

Beautiful but disappointed

We had high hopes for this campground. It is in the beautiful PA mountains and not far from Elk Visitor Center. We got Site 021 in the lower loop. There is a shower house but we didn’t use it, so can speak to how it was. The site we had was beautiful it backed up to the creek and was right next to…

Michael L.
Reviewed Apr. 8, 2021

Family Friendly Relaxation

Lots of activities, tons of nearby attractions, fishing, hunting, and hiking. Great store and owners, a nice place to visit.

Tim W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Mar. 4, 2021

Halloween party

I went here for the first time with 3 other family members for the last camping outing of the year. We went during their trick or treat weekend, it was very entertaining and enjoyable. Almost every campsite was decorated for Halloween and there was plenty of Trick or treaters. If you are into…

Dan X.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jan. 5, 2021

Plenty of space in the woods

Stopped over on my cross country drive and pitched a tent before a thunderstorm -- dicey! Did not die and the facilities were solid.

John S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 28, 2020

Allegheny front trail

The volunteers that maintain this loop trail do an excellent job. Views are gorgeous, you never fear for water and there are plenty of established camp sites with fire rings. My first "thru hike" and I will definitely go back for seconds.

Clay P.
Reviewed Oct. 20, 2020

What a great place...

Great camping area stop a mountain...nice unique lake that is incredibly dark in color. Lilly pads abound with great flowers

Trey C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 27, 2020

Unbelievable views

This is by far my favorite campground I’ve been to yet. The view of the river was unbeatable and the hike up the mountain way beyond worth it. I already can’t wait to come back.

S
Reviewed Sep. 3, 2020

Eagles!

We love this park and usually rent a boat and swim and watch the eagles all day. One of the best experiences ever.