Yurts
17 Reviews of Lake-in-wood Campground
Lake in wood

Awesome place!

Lake in the Woods

Very nice campground, well kept, Paved roads, plenty to do

Quiet Place

We stayed this past week, very quiet clean campground. The gnomes were fun to find. There was enough to keep our son busy with the pools and playgrounds. You can hear the quarry some but it's not horrible. Only down fall was our site had no shade…..but our friends did so we were able to get relief from the sun. The concrete pad was great though, especially when it rained.

Favorite local spot for tent camping

We have camped here with our two boys, 20 & 17 for the past 7 years. It is a favorite for all of us. Cleanest bathrooms, friendly staff and lots of privacy between sites. We found the perfect tent site 397A. Completely secluded and right on a running stream. Bit of a hike from the bathrooms but worth it.

Awesome!

A little pricey but worth it! We had full hook up with a great site! This place has cool novelty places to rent out as well. Pools were fantastic. Friendly staff. We already booked again!!!

Love, love, love

From the spotlessly clean grounds to the nice facilities this is a favorite of ours. There are lots of seasonal sites but there also lots of visitors too.

Amenities include a pool that is indoors for the fall/spring and opens to connect with the outdoor pool in the summer season, plus a kids pool that includes a waterfall and a swim up bar (for icees). If you want to hike there’s adjacent game lands for hiking. There are goats. There’s mini golf. There’s a cafe. On weekends there are lots of activities. Lots of friendly staff.

Some trailer sites are narrow but others are not. Yes, there’s a quarry BUT contrary to what someone said they don’t operate 24/7, but do start around 7 or 8 am. The quarry is harder to hear from most the trailer sites.

All in all, our favorite place.

Beware the stone quarry

Was not happy with the service or our tent site. There is apparently a stone quarry behind the campground that runs 24/7, which is loud. I have 2 autistic children with me (that love camping) but we were all kept up all night with loud noises. Thankfully, they didn’t do any “blasting” When we where here. Yes, blasting, I was told a siren goes off and there are loud blast. I initially asked if we could move our sites and I was told “you can hear it through the whole campground”, i then asked if we could rent a cabin on the other side of the campground. I was told no because I had my dogs with me. Poor customer service, you can’t make an exception?! There is no warning about the quarry or I would have never booked here. Never again!

Gorgeous .. Very Clean... Friendly!

Lake in Wood has beautiful shady RV sites. As the name indicates , a beautiful lake for fishing and paddle boats. There is mini golf , a cafe , hiking, a store . and pretty little spots to picnic. A real gem!

Great family campground!

This campground offers miniature golf, indoor/outdoor pool, and a kiddie pool. There is a large lake that offers fishing and boating. There are open fields and a few playgrounds to play on. The campground is very quiet and everyone was very friendly! There is a hiking trail and depending on where your site is its a nice trek to the activities, or opt to rent a golf cart. They also have horseshoes and shuffleboard. They have quite a few shower houses spread out and some laundry facilities.

Dog friendly, but not in rental sites.

great place!!

very clean and great tent sites! bathrooms are clean and big! we come every year!