Yurts

This recreation area is part of Foster Joseph Sayers Dam

Bald Eagle State Park is located in Pennsylvania
19 Reviews of Bald Eagle State Park
Beautiful campground

We loved it here! Very beautiful, nice hiking trails and a beautiful lake. Clean grounds and bath houses.

Quiet, Clean & Convenient

We needed a break from the rest area sleeping. We found this site on here and on iOverlander.

The sites are clean, flat and spread out. You can see everyone but you don’t feel like you are on top of one another.

The bathrooms were clean and the shower was hot and much needed. The fireflies were in rare form and the wildflowers that outline the camping were beautiful.

I would stay here again when passing through Pennsylvania.

Beautiful area, sparse trees

The area is beautiful, but the campground is not wooded. It was cleared, some landscaped trees but not enough, grassy areas and paved areas. The campground is surround by woods. The beach is not easily walkable from the campground, 3 mile walk on a muddy overgrown path, then on the street with no sidewalk. Beach is beautiful, very calm, warm water for early July, soft sand and nice large trees for shade.

Rustic Campground: Cozy and Private

The rustic campground has some parking sites, but we are most fond of the sites with a short walk in. Usually they’re very private. Some clusters allow dogs. Nearby lake access through a tunnel under the tracks near the bathrooms. Two points for trail access along the campground road.

Time to relax!

Very nice quiet campground.   Level spots.   Large lake to boat and kayak.   Beautiful scenery.  Full hook up spot

"Modern" Campground

We stayed at site 78 on the Sycamore loop at the end of April in a tent, which isn't the best equipment for this campground. Our site had a blacktop driveway, a very small amount of gravel, and a ton of mud. There was standing water toward the back of our site, and no really solid place to pitch our tent.

It was very windy the night we stayed and the following morning was as well. Because our tent stakes were anchored in mud, our tent blew over and collapsed. Our neighbor's tent did as well.

With the exception of our neighbors, we were the only tents in the loop (the other sites had RVs, and there are 2 cabins and 2 yurts on the loop as well). Firewood is for sale at the camp host site.

The sites are flat and open. There is a lack of trees, so no real wind break. Each site has a fire ring and a hook to hang food from small animals.

If the primitive sites weren't all booked out (it was the first day of turkey season) we would've stayed there. I'd give this place another chance, but only if we can snag a site at the primitive campground.

Very well manicured

This Park is clean, well maintained, and well manicured. I enjoyed the Nature Inn and surrounding area more than the campsites. The camp hosts were strange and were not helpful. I had to go find my own site, see if the electric worked because they were having issues, then check myself in, and still had to pay a booking fee when I did all the work! A very family oriented campground, nothing wrong with that, except everyone stared at me and made me uncomfortable because I was camping alone. I would greet people and get no response so I gave up. The next morning on my quest to find coffee, I found the Nature Inn and it, the staff, and the view were awesome. I spent quite awhile there, relaxing, enjoying my coffee, the lake view, the birds, and taking lots of photos. I do plan to visit the Inn again but not the campground.

Plain but nice!

Camp hosts were strange and not very helpful. I ended up doing everything myself. It seemed to be very family oriented, so much so that they made me feel strange for being there alone. The campgrounds were nice and clean. The lake was beautiful but I loved the Nature Inn which is where I had my morning coffee overlooking the lake.

Great place to relax, get away and enjoy the outdoors!

We have stayed at Bald Eagle several times and have enjoyed our stay. The park has basic, water & electric as well as a few full hookup up sites. The sites are very spacious with a picnic table and fire rings and are easy to back into even with a rig as big as ours. We stayed recently and the park office was undergoing rennovations and expanding their camp store. We discovered one of the evening talks about the eagles nesting in the park and the ranger set up binoculars for us to try and see the nest. Very peaceful place to stay with lots to explore. The views are spectacular in the fall with beautiful foliage! If you are not the camping type you can stay at the Nature Inn and enjoy the beautiful lodge in an amazing location! Definitely tops on our list of state parks in Pennsylvania!

Watch for trains

I throughly enjoyed my time at Bald Eagle State Park. We stayed at a tent site, I believe 58 in the rustic camping section. The rustic section was located around a large loop with each site ranging in a few feet from the car-friendly loop to about the 50 foot walk where our site was located. While this is a primitive site, planning ahead you can place yourself near the vault toilets. If there was running water in the bathrooms– we didn’t find it! There are several water pumps located around the loop and we used that for washing dishes. Our site had space for two tents with a nice fire ring and picnic table. The fire ring was actually one of the best I have experienced– featuring a grill grate with adjustable levels for exposure to heat. The site also had a hook for keeping food or garage elevated from critters. Hammock lovers: we had plenty of trees to easily string our hammock near the picnic table/fire ring. Now the trains. An active railroad sits about 75 feet away from several of the rustic sites. We noticed the 7 p.m. train on Saturday evening. What we didn’t expect was being awoken at 5 a.m. to a freight train blowing through full steam– really gets your heart pumping– did not need coffee that morning. The rustic area also has access to a trail that loops about two miles near the lake and rustic campground. It was a fun place!