Yurts
Price
$22.00 - $102.00
Hike In
No WiFi
Fort Stevens State Park is located in Lewis and Clark National Historical Park in Oregon
55 Reviews of Fort Stevens State Park
Bring Your Bike!

We stayed in sites 266 and 267 (loop G) on August 6th 2015. This campground and park is awesome! The complex is huge, and would be a very fun place to have a bike. We visited the beach and the wreck of the Peter Iredale, but didn't make it to the fort- more than one night is definitely a good idea! Our sites were right near the centrally-located showers (but not too near), which were hot, and free! Always a fabulous feeling after almost 2 weeks on the road with limited shower options. My only real complaint is that the sites are packed in pretty close together (which isn't my favorite). There was a large youth group staying in the same loop who had decided to use our campsites for a pinata, and had to be asked to move when we arrived. Their behavior certainly isn't a reflection on the park, but slightly larger campsites may have prevented them from feeling the need to take over our space.

Bike heaven.

Fort Stevens is ,I think, the largest state campground west of the Mississippi River. I love the evergreen canopy, the wind in the branches, the shipwreck of the Peter Iredale, and the miles of protected bicycle paths. (Paved) If you get a chance, experience a night in a yurt. It is a great way to have a camping experience without the pain if sleeping on the ground. One of my favorite Oregon state campgrounds. Happy camping

Goonies!

Stayed here while attending the 30th Annual Goonies Festival. Oh my goodness what a great campground! Free hot showers and ice at the ranger station! You don't get that in Washington unfortunately. It was a welcome change to not to have change for the showers. While you can't access the beach easily by walking, once you get the beach it is amazing. An amazing spot to watch the sunset.

My Favorite Park in Oregon

Fort Stevens has so much to offer. It is not only a big and beautiful campground (one of the largest in the state) but it is also a significant historical site. The spaces are well maintained, and the miles of bike trails seem endless. They have very nice yurts and tent sites as well as the large RV sites. The staff is always very friendly and helpful and they have awesome programs for the kids.

We love this campground so much that we are getting married there this summer! :)

More than just a campground

Hit this one in April so we didn't need a reservation (though I am pretty sure you need one during the summer season). A well appointed campground with showers and big spots for tents. Bring your bike! I think there's close to seven miles of bike trails that lead you to most of the attractions at the park. Be sure to check out the fort itself and the wreck of the Peter Iredale.