Camping in Heceta Junction

Recent Walk-In Reviews Near Heceta Junction, Oregon

373 Reviews of 48 Heceta Junction, Oregon Campgrounds

Kristina B.
Reviewed Jun. 21, 2021

Muddy but hey you're camping, expect noise.

I had a pretty sweet creekside corner lot. Meaning only one neighbor and these people were loud AF. I said something and the girl sent her dude to confront me and I felt very awkward after that. They proceeded to talk loudly at me and to me for the two days I was there. I just ignored…

• Site 42
  • Don’t go up this.
Matt S.
Reviewed Jun. 20, 2021

NO ALCOHOL CONSUMPTION RULES. FAMILY CAMPING FOR DRUNKS.

Parents walk around drinking beer and getting hammered while their kids take off and run around the camp screaming. This might be the atmosphere some people look for, but not me. I asked the Ranger stationed there about the drinking and she said" It is allowed to carry alcohol around the…

GThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 20, 2021

Nice place to stop

Large dirt lot, bathrooms were far away, and host was really nice. Can walk downtown from sites.

Denny B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 19, 2021

Great place for actually being in nature

This was the first time for me at this campground, and I will definitely be back. The sites don't have hookups, which is fine with me because I tent camp anyway. Most of the sites have some privacy, which is nice, and they seem to have ample room for a large tent if you have one. During my stay,…

• The hike to Green Peak falls
  • The hike to Alsea falls
  • Green Peak falls
Kim N.
Reviewed Jun. 19, 2021

A little disappointed

I booked this campground and site based on photos on another camping website. The photos showed a fairly private site. Many trees have since been removed and shrubs trimmed quite low, sites are fairly close together, offering little to no "privacy". The campground is very clean and of course being…

Minta J.
Reviewed Jun. 18, 2021

Big campground near the dunes

Honeyman is a great campground.  It is quite large with at least half a dozen loops of campsites.  The sites include everything from basic campsite up to yurts.

There is a great playground near the center of camp and the nearby day use area has dune access for climbing and playing as well as a…

• Playing at the dunes
  • playing at the dunes
  • campground playground
David I.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 17, 2021

Solid experience

So, the place is an RV resort. There is a pool, hot tubs, rec center, (weak) wifi, a gate with a code to go in and out, same for the bathrooms. It has been very enjoyable.

The bathrooms are so clean and spacious and they don’t feel crowded or gross. The showers are 10/10.

Heather M.
Reviewed Jun. 16, 2021

Memorial Day Weekend

Such a nice, clean, quiet campground. Host on the tent side was amazing

SiteTent site #10 I believe
c
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2021

Great spot

Amazing beachfront spot - we pulled up late at night without a reservation and there were available spots for $26 a night and hook ups for $33 (from memory might be a few dollars off).

Chilly but worth it!

Sitecan’t remember
J
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2021

Perfect

The staff were very friendly and helpful. My campsite was clean, spacious, and honestly in a pretty sweet spot. I would definitely recommend anyone to stay because my family and I most certainly are. Lot's of trails, there's fishing, showers, also their pet friendly.

L & K S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 6, 2021

Beautiful, clean and quiet

Very nice campground close to the coast. Sits on a cliff, so it’s a bit of a walk down the main road, down/up a hill. Worth it! Sound of the ocean is magical. Spots are close but trees provide privacy. Very dog-friendly place. Our spot has a lot of room for outside seating and cooking.

m
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2021

flies, no water, and no privacy

This is a fine campground, just remember that there is no water anywhere nearby. Also encountered a massive amount of horse flies and normal black flies, which swarmed me every time I tried to cook. It's also very open and you can see into every campsite, and hear people driving fast and loud on…

aidan L.
Reviewed Jun. 3, 2021

Very close to the shore line and to Florence

I had a wonderful time staying here for the night. The place is safe and easy to find. They do only allow RVs so i recommend not choosing this place if you have a regular car.

jThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2021

Sunset bay

Really enjoyed it

Month of VisitMarch
Camille W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 31, 2021

Umpqua Lighthouse Campground

Gorgeous. Well maintained campground. Close to beach. Popular site for families. Yurts get snatched up months in advance! They all have a magnificent view of the lake.

SiteYurt 16