Cornelius, OREGON

Camping Oregon Cornelius

Most Recent Cornelius Camping Reviews
Nice Size Spaces For Larger Groups Wanting To Explore

This campground is a very nice one to check out when adventuring in the lower portion of Washington.    Much like its single site counterpart the options offered at this campsite are well thought and well placed.    I noticed that the campground itself was very well maintained and offered many features including water spigots in common areas, clear walking paths to facilities and ample parking for the campers.

Each site was equipped with standard features including fire rings and picnic tables.  But the real advantage to this location in particular is its proximity to some of the more lengthy trails in the park.

Initially I was a bit confused as to where the camp was, my cell signal was weak and I could not seem to find the campground until I finally gave up and just decided to go on a hike first.    In doing so I was able to navigate to higher ground closer to the Beacon Rock and from there I pulled up a map to locate.    My suggestion is with AT&T to have an offline map loaded when traveling to this area.    While some areas do feature great signal others are more spotty like this one.

The campground was filled with campers and I spoke to a ranger when visiting who mentioned that group sites typically book in advance on weekends but can be more easily picked up on the fly during weekdays from Monday to Thursday with Tuesdays and Wednesdays being the optimum day for last minute travelers to the area.

Sites here can be a bit costly depending on the group size, but the additional offering the camp provides is the ability to rent all sites for those needing a large group. This must be done well in advance but can offer many benefits for larger groups. Much like other state facilities in Washington you will need to display your Discover Pass on each vehicle parked on property. One pass does not cover multiple cars upon a single use.

No-frills RV Park with Lots of Long-Timers

No frills RV-only park near Troutdale. Many RV pads are cracked and uneven. Location is right next door to a saloon and also has frequent police visits.

Weekly and monthly rates available. Daily rate not too expensive. Many if not most of the residents are long-timers.

Bathrooms, laundry facilities on-site. Not overly impressed, but in need of a spot at the mouth of the Gorge, you could do worse.

State Park in the Gorge near road

Ainsworth State Park is a gorgeous state park in the heart of the Gorge with great hikes and views of the Columbia river, all not far from Portland. The campsites, however, are located right next to the History Columbia River Highway, making for loud camping experience, though you are near all the great park activities. And when I say close, I mean you can see the highway from your tent.

Its location near Portland makes it very popular, and it is often full. Restrooms and showers available.

The Best

The best in Salem, very clean.

Pretty but:

It’s very pretty by the river but people that are long term have junk in their front yards and the managers allow that! Makes it look junky! Rules aren’t enforced

A Night on the Creek

We spent only one night here (approx. 45°41'49.5"N 125°44'18.1"W) in a lovely clearing featuring a metal fire ring. Sites are designated, but free for use up to 14 days. Lots of fishing accessible along Cook Creek. Road is dirt/gravel and currently ends about 3.5 miles in due to "flooding damage" which takes the form of several very large boulders blocking the way. Our intention was to go for another 1.5 miles or so, but we were very happy with the site we found. We will definitely return!

😎

Awesome spot

Turned around

This was to be our second trip to cape lookout, our last was four years ago. The park was no extremely overgrown and the sites appeared to have unkept long term campers! We didn’t stay! Went down the road to cape Kiwanda and had a nice night.

Pleasantly suprise

We don’t typical like private owned campgrounds but this turned into a nice night! The winter price was equal to what the state parks charge and we were given a nice private site upon request. The park is filled with tame rabbits which was a bit hard to control our hunting dogs. The brewery across the street was a great spot for a birthday dinner and the surfers we’re great to watch!

Disappointing

The beach is lovely and this park has many spots but it wasn’t as nice as the others we’ve winter camped at this February. Showers require quarters, but are hot and clean. Most sites are just gravel and the RV section is just like a big parking lot, no privacy at all