Camping in Charleston

268 Reviews of 28 Charleston, Oregon Campgrounds

AThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 22, 2021

Humbug Hooray!!

We didn’t have a reservation and pulled into this lovely mountaintop retreat! Away from Oregon coast winds. Awesome bathrooms! Electricity! Free showers! So happy God smiled upon us this day!

Kristina B.
Reviewed Jun. 21, 2021

Muddy but hey you're camping, expect noise.

I had a pretty sweet creekside corner lot. Meaning only one neighbor and these people were loud AF. I said something and the girl sent her dude to confront me and I felt very awkward after that. They proceeded to talk loudly at me and to me for the two days I was there. I just ignored…

• Site 42
  • Don’t go up this.
Matt S.
Reviewed Jun. 20, 2021

NO ALCOHOL CONSUMPTION RULES. FAMILY CAMPING FOR DRUNKS.

Parents walk around drinking beer and getting hammered while their kids take off and run around the camp screaming. This might be the atmosphere some people look for, but not me. I asked the Ranger stationed there about the drinking and she said" It is allowed to carry alcohol around the…

JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 19, 2021

Great staff very helpful and accommodating

Spur of the moment stop they found us a spot very quickly even though they were pretty much full thank you guys.

Sitec9
Kim N.
Reviewed Jun. 19, 2021

A little disappointed

I booked this campground and site based on photos on another camping website. The photos showed a fairly private site. Many trees have since been removed and shrubs trimmed quite low, sites are fairly close together, offering little to no "privacy". The campground is very clean and of course being…

Minta J.
Reviewed Jun. 18, 2021

Big campground near the dunes

Honeyman is a great campground.  It is quite large with at least half a dozen loops of campsites.  The sites include everything from basic campsite up to yurts.

There is a great playground near the center of camp and the nearby day use area has dune access for climbing and playing as well as a…

• Playing at the dunes
  • playing at the dunes
  • campground playground
David I.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 17, 2021

Solid experience

So, the place is an RV resort. There is a pool, hot tubs, rec center, (weak) wifi, a gate with a code to go in and out, same for the bathrooms. It has been very enjoyable.

The bathrooms are so clean and spacious and they don’t feel crowded or gross. The showers are 10/10.

Kahea P.
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2021

Serene

Stayed on a lot right off the river with a steep little foot path to the rivers edge. Very beautiful and serene to see and listen to but the trade off is NO cell service what so ever.

Siteelectric hookup close to the park entrance
J
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2021

Perfect

The staff were very friendly and helpful. My campsite was clean, spacious, and honestly in a pretty sweet spot. I would definitely recommend anyone to stay because my family and I most certainly are. Lot's of trails, there's fishing, showers, also their pet friendly.

D
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2021

Road noise

The campground is right off a highly traveled hwy without and natural barrier to prevent road noise. The sites are pretty close to one another. Still a good place for the night.

L & K S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 6, 2021

Beautiful, clean and quiet

Very nice campground close to the coast. Sits on a cliff, so it’s a bit of a walk down the main road, down/up a hill. Worth it! Sound of the ocean is magical. Spots are close but trees provide privacy. Very dog-friendly place. Our spot has a lot of room for outside seating and cooking.

Kathe M.
Reviewed Jun. 5, 2021

Amazing

A perfect spot to spend some time relax and enjoy the ocean. Can't wait to come back! Clean showers great staff!

jThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2021

Sunset bay

Really enjoyed it

Month of VisitMarch
k
Reviewed May. 30, 2021

Clean and Green

We were able to make a reservation the night of which is nice.

The areas were all very well kept. The walking trails were a beautiful hike in the morning.

Bathrooms had running water and were very clean.

Would definitely recommend and camp here again.

C. W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 30, 2021

Nice spot near the beach

Flat paved sites. Can get crowded during peak season as sites are fairly close to each other. Convenience store and Walmart nearby.